♡ Body (Rengoku x f!reader) ♡

TW: body insecurites

Genre: Hurt/comfort

Ship: Kyojuro Rengoku x f!reader

Y/n stared into the mirror. She was supposed to be going to the beach with the hashira, the kamado boy and some other demon slayers... However, now that she had seen her swimsuit, she wasn't so sure.

Her fingers trailed along the stretch marks that littered her thighs and tummy. Everything about her body just felt wrong: her skin, face, tummy, legs, arms, chest... None of it felt good enough for her. No matter how much skincare she applied, how many meals she skipped, how much training (or sucking in) she did, nothing worked. She still felt disgusted with herself.

She jumped as she heard a knock on her door. Immediately, y/n lunged for a blanket to cover herself with, but she was too slow. Rengoku had already stuck his head in the door and seen her in her bikini.

"Wow, you look lovely y/n! We must hurry or we shall be late for the beach party!" He smiled, a faint blush spreading over his face as he tried not to stare too closely at her bare skin. Y/n scowled and hid beneath her sheets. The flame hashira's quintessential grin turned into a frown.

"Are you okay y/n? Are you perhaps not comfortable with me seeing you in a swimsuit?" He edged towards her, concern softened his usually loud voice. Y/n poked her head out and nodded miserably.

"Oh, if that is so, I shall simply not attend the beach party!" He boomed. "Or maybe I can just not look at you! Surely that would make you feel better? Come now, lets not be late!"

He marched towards the door, determined to make it on time. However, when he saw y/n failing to follow, he stopped.

"You're not... You're not worried about how your body looks are you?"

Y/n didn't reply. Kyojuro felt his stomach drop.

"Wow, I never expected that would be a problem for you, y/n! I thought you knew how gorgeous you are." He strode back over and plonked himself at the end of her bed. "Please don't be self conscious y/n. What makes you think that any one of us would judge you, no matter what you look like?"

Y/n sniffed, tears were welling in her eyes as all her feelings spilled out. "It's just that, I'm chubbier than Shinobu, and god have you SEEN Mitsuri? She's like, perfect! That Nezuko girl and Kanao are both pretty aswell, I just don't want to stick out amongst them."

Rengoku's face softened. He reached for the cover and slowly pulled it down, so that y/n couldn't hide anymore. He looked her up and down and smiled, reaching for her hand.

"Are you serious? You're stunning y/n! Genuinely perfect. I can't believe that you would ever compare yourself to others when you look the way you do!" He rubbed his thumb over her knuckled reassuringly. "Cmon, I have an idea!"

In a split second, he swooped her out of the bed bridal style. Y/n didn't even have a moment to question what was going on before she was carried to his room and placed on the edge of his bed. He raced off and began rummaging through his wardrobe, emerging with a large white button-down.

"Here!" He wrapped it around her shoulders. "Now you are all covered up! Frankly, you're doing the world a disservice by hiding your beauty, but I will allow it! When you feel comfortable enough, you can always take it off!"

Y/n was shocked. She clutched at the shirt and stared at the man standing above her. Such a kind man... She felt ashamed to ever have thought that he would judge her. When she breathed in, the shirt smelled like him... It made her smile.

"Thank you, Rengoku." Y/n smiled and stood up, taking his outstretched hand. Once more, he swept her up, and dashed away towards the beach.

***