♡ Demonic (Obamitsu) ♡

TW⚠️: Detailed death, demon Mitsuri, infinity castle arc spoilers

Genre: Angst

Ship: ObaMitsu

"Heh... sorry... I'm a messy eater!" She smiled, lifting her head from the unmoving carcass of Tomioka Giyuu. Iguro's eyes widened in disbelief.

"Kanroji... y-you killed him!" His voice shook violently; he could barely force the words out. Next to him stood Shinobu, who was about to explode with anger.

"First my sister... Now both of my best friends..." She raised a shaky finger towards upper moon 2. "I would rather Giyuu be killed by Kibutsuji himself than by that wretch! How dare you take Mitsuri and Tomioka!"

Mitsuri giggled and drew her sword as Shinobu raged in Douma's direction.

"I'm awfully sorry Shinobu, I really am! At least I'm still alive and all. It's just that Douma here offered me a really good promotion, all so he could give me a teensy tiny bit of his blood. I mean, don't tell me that YOU would pass up the opportunity to be joint upper rank 2?!" Mitsuri looked towards Douma adoringly. He smiled, making eye contact with Obanai. The serpent hashira looked as if he'd been stabbed.

"Oh no, what do we have here? I think snake-boy is jealous!" Douma laughed. Shinobu snapped her head towards him.

"Obanai, get your damn priorities in-"

Swoosh.

"Oh my..." Shinobu's jaw dropped. Obanai had moved so fast that she thought he teleported. He had tried to deliever a killing blow to Mitsuri.

"How the hell did she dodge that attack?"

Mitsuri was giggled, her pupils wide in her green eyes. "Hmmm, not too bad! Looks like I may have rubbed off on you!" She seemed genuinely pleased at the quality of his attack. "Too bad you'll need 10x as much power and speed to kill me before I get to you! It really is shame..."

Clink

In a split second, her sword was at his throat. He spun, aiming his elbow at her ribs; he fell into empty space. He felt his feet being kicked out from under him and looked up to see Kanroji Mitsuri, the love pillar, upper moon 2, staring straight into his eyes with a huge smile plastered upon her face. He was completely pinned.

He looked over his shoulder to see that both Shinobu and the other upper moon 2 had dissappeared. He was alone. Mitsuri sat down over him and placed a hand on his face.

"Say... I am rather hungry! I should just kill you now... However, I must obey the master's orders." She shoved the palm of her hand into his shoulder, viciously pushing onto his shoulderbone until it cracked with a sharp 'pop'.

"AUGH-" She shoved her fist into his mouth as he screamed. He bit down as hard as he could but no matter what, she didn't flinch. She simply bent down and whispered in his ear.

"Become a demon, Iguro."

His eyes widened. It made him nauseous to hear such words come out of Kanroji's mouth.

"Master Muzan has asked me to convince you to do so. You have been chosen! Become a demon so that we can be together forever~"

Mustering up at much strength as he could, he delivered a sharp kick to Mitsuri's stomach. She felt her insides lurch, blood erupted from her mouth and splattered onto Obanai's chest. She was thrown from his lap and into the wall; the infinity castle shook from the impact.

"Heh... hm... heh..." she slowly got to her feet and wiped the blood from her mouth onto her sleeve. She smirked at Obanai as he tied his destroyed arm up with his wripped haori. Her eyes shone with pleasure.

"Wow Iguro... that was quite a kick! I'm truly impressed at your strength! If only you would become a demon... that strength could be put to use until the end of eternity!" She smiled deliriously and raised her sword. Mitsuri didn't even bother to use breathing techniques. She simply dodged as he clumsily swung his sword at her, flailing around like an injured creature.

That weakling... all of the hashira can fight one armed! Hell, he could probably fight me without arms at all! Yet this foolish man refuses to even ATTEMPT at a killing blow! He clearly wasn't trying very hard earlier, but now it's as if I'm fighting with a child!

"How the hell do you call yourself a hashira-" she mocked him as he stabbed at the space where she had just been standing. "If you let love get in the way OF YOUR DUTY!" With a single slash, she split him open down to his bellybutton. He tried to run before collapsing in a pool of his own blood and organs.

Mitsuri hummed to herself as she strolled up to Iguro. She knelt down, checked his pulse and sighed. "Iguro, if you don't become a demon, you'll die. Please, just come be with me for all eternity. Isn't that what you want?" She dug her long nails into his skin as she anticipated an answer.

After a moment, he smiled faintly. "Okay Kanroji." His fingers tightened around the hilt of his sword. "I'll be with you for eternity."

Without another word, he lifted the sword to her neck and her blood painted the ground red.

***

"Iguro..." she mumbled, her lips pale from blood loss. "Did we do it? Is he dead?"

Obanai smiled, his eyes shining with love. "Yes sweetheart, muzan is dead. It's all over now."

"Good, good." A look of contentment spread across her face. However, it was quickly wiped off when she saw Obanai's open stomach.

"Oh... god... Iguro, you need a doctor! I need a medic over-" Her cry was cut short by a torrent of blood gushing from her mouth. Her hands shook with terror as she looked at the love of her life. "We're dying, aren't we Iguro?"

"No, no..." Obanai stroked his bloodied fingers through her hair. "This is only the beginning for us Kanroji. Soon, we will get married. Kanao and the butterfly girls can throw petals over you, whilst the Kamado boy can be the ring bearer. He was the one who did it you know, defeat Muzan?" He smiled. "He's an amazing boy. He'll be great at the ceremony."

"Will he be good with the kids too?" Mitsuri's eyes shone with hopeful tears.

"Yes my dear, he will be amazing. We can have him babysit whenever we go out to eat or visit friends. We can trust him to be their with our babies."

"Babies? As in plural?"

"Four. Three girls and one boy. Two of the girls will be just like you, although the third will be quieter and subdued like me. Still as beautiful as her mother though." He caressed her cheek gently with his thumb, tears beginning to stream down his face.

"What about the boy? What will he be like?"

"He will be a perfect mix of both of us. Hopefully Tanjiro will rub off on him enough so that he turns out like him."

"I don't want our son to go around slaying demons. Nor our daughters." Mitsuri's eyes fluttered with fatigue. She was dying. "I hate demons. I'm so glad... we have... destroyed them..."

Obanai cradled her in his arms.

She has no memory of her last few days as a demon. She'll never know about the people she killed...

"Goodnight my love." He whispered as her breathing slowed. He slumped over her body, feeling a massive weight lift from his back.

This is it. This is the end.

See you in my next life, darling.

A/n: I cried while writing this omds... If you read this angsty stuff and actually enjoy it I don't understand you bro.

1293 words