♡ Care (Tanjiro x f!reader) ♡

Genre: Hurt/comfort

Ship: Tanjiro Kamado x injured!Y/n

Y/n sighed, melting into Tanjiro's touch as he gently rubbed her shoulders. It had been a long mission; her body was beaten and broken from all of the attacks. The young demon slayer was fortunate that Shinobu had let her leave the hospital at all, let alone only a day after she came home from the assignment. Luckily, Y/n had Tanjiro there with her.

His hands felt like heaven as they ran over her sore limbs, relieving the tension that had built up during the mission. Even though her skin was littered with cuts and bruises, it was hard for her to feel any pain. After all, who could be hurting whilst they were in the arms of a gentle person like Tanjiro?

"Feel any better?" The auburn-haired boy rested his chin on Y/n's shoulder, his breath grazing her cheek. She smiled and nodded in reply.

"Mhm, much..." She murmured, rolling her shoulders and yawning softly into the back of her hand. The sound of laughter made her tilt her head to the side, only to see Tanjiro staring at her with a wide smile on his face.

"S-sorry for staring Y/n, you just looked so cute just now!..." A slight stutter was in his voice as he spoke, his nerves evident. Y/n blushed deeply in reply and raised an eyebrow at her companion.

"Cute huh? That's nice of you to say..."

Both of them stayed quiet for a while after that, their warm breaths synchronising. Against her back, Y/n could feel the rise and fall of Tanjiro's firm chest, his heart beating against her haori. As he held her, the gentle demon slayer wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I um... I'm really glad you're okay, Y/n. I was so worried when I heard you got injured..."

Tilting her head slightly, Y/n managed to shift herself so that she could catch Tanjiro's eye. He still looked so concerned for her, even with her in his arms he was worried for her health.

Y/n smiled warmly and leaned in to place a soft kiss on his cheek; she felt the skin beneath her lips warm up as he flushed pink.

"It's okay Tanjiro, I really am fine. There's no place in the world where I can heal quicker than right here beside you, so try not to worry, 'k?"

Sighing shakily, Tanjiro let out a breathy chuckle. Burying his face in Y/n's hair, he felt some of the tension inside him relax. Hearing her promise that she was okay calmed him down a little and he could finally be content.

"Okay, I'll try my best. Thank you, Y/n."

"Hmm? Thank you for what?" She yawned softly and flexed her sore muscles, feeling Tanjiro's breath on her shoulder.

"Thank you for staying alive for me. I don't know what I'd do if you died."

Y/n giggled and ruffled his dark red hair. "Aww, quit being so sappy. You know I'm not going anywhere."

He nodded into her shoulder as he felt himself begin to nod off. Sighing one last time, he managed to mumbled two last words before falling into sleep.

"Me neither."

A/N: Hii! Plz suggest characters for me to write about next, or genres you'd like to see more of in this book! Thanks alot! <3

574 words