♡ Date night (UzuiRen + wives) ♡

Genre: Normal

Ship: Uzui x Tengen (ft Makio, Suma and Hina)

The sun was setting over the estate of the sound hashira.

"Stop worrying Kyojuro, my girls already love you." Tegen smiled, running his fingers through Kyojuro's bright hair. "You've already been on dates with all of us individually, what's the difference when we're together?"

Rengoku groaned and rolled over to face his boyfriend.

"Have you met me? I'll be totally awkward." He declared miserably. "Besides, Makio doesn't like me that much anyway."

Tengen rolled his eyes. "Don't be a drama queen, you'll win her over. She just needs a little time, that's all. Hinatsuru and Suma adore you and those three tend to have a lot of influence on eachother. Trust me, she'll warm up when you get to know her."

Rengoku wasn't so sure.

***

"So um... Hinatsuru? You work in a hair salon right? Is that how Tengen gets so flashy every morning before work?" Rengoku attempted to make conversation as the table was unusually quiet for one with so many people.

"I specialise in nails actually, it's Makio thats obsessed with hair!" Hinatsuru nudged her wife beneath the table, prompting her to socialise. Makio refused, turning her nose up and aggressively slurping her drink. Tengen squeezed Rengoku's hand to comfort him.

"Actually Kyojuro, my flashiness all comes from my own raw talent. Not even my own wives could give me a makeover more flashy than my current look!" He pretended to pose, sending Suma into a laughing fit. Rengoku laughed somewhat aswell, however he was painfully aware of Makio staring at him.

"Hello, welcome to f/r. What would you all like to eat today?" The waiter smiled and cheerily waited for each of them to list their choices. Tengen ordered for Suma and himself, then went Hinatsuru and Makio, then finally it was Kyojuro's turn. He smiled awkwardly and told the waiter his order.

"Flashy choice Kyojuro!" Tengen wrapped his arm around Rengoku's shoulders. He turned red and giggled nervously at the compliment. Hinatsuru and Suma giggled with him; Makio glared.

"Now now Makio, why do you have such a sour look on your face?" Hinatsuru placed her hand on Makio's thigh. "There's no need to be nervous around Kyo-"

"I'M NOT NERVOUS DAMMIT!" Makio yelled and pouted, attracting attention from the surrounding tables. She turned red and smiled apologetically before huffing and staring at the floor. Soon enough, their food was served.

***

Their table was by far the loudest in the room, but they didn't care. Kyojuro declared that the food was tasty after every bite, a habit which the other four people at the table soon began indulging in themselves. Plus, Suma insisted that Tengen feed her pieces of Takoyaki, which caused laughter to burst out from Rengoku, Hinatsuru and Makio when he accidentally dropped it down her shirt.

When they were finished eating, they decided to walk home to Tengen's estate. Rengoku noticed that Makio purposely stood as far away from him as possible, whilst Hinatsuru and Suma both linked their arms with his and leaned on his shoulders. He couldn't lie to hinself, he felt overwhelmingly happy that the two girls were fond of him... Yet he still wished that Makio would show the same enthusiasm. After all, he was the one intruding on her marriage. The thought of it made him feel rather guilty.

It was Tengen who suggested this in the first place. Kyojuro Rengoku had always wanted a suitor who could give him an heir, so falling in love with a man who had three wives seemed almost too good to be true. Plus, the three girls were amazing people. He could tell that they were all happy for him to join their relationship... Except Makio.

When they arrived at the sound hashira estate, Tengen lead them all into a large bedroom with a MASSIVE bed covered in pillows and snacks. Stacks of movies and video games sat in piles, and Kyojuro's eyes lit up. This was a seriously cool looking sleepover room.

"Wow Tengen! This room is awfully flashy!" He smiled. Tengen grinned back and took his hand, leading him over to a chair infront of a mirror. Behind him, Hinatsuru and Suma were waiting to pounce with armfuls of hair curlers and eyebrow gel.

"We're giving you... AN UZUI MAKEOVER!!" Suma squealed. Rengoku's heart fluttered as Tengen and the girls swarmed around him, fiddling with his hair and makeup. For once in his life, he felt like part of a strong family. For once, he felt at home.

Once Hinatsuru had given him a small flick of eyeliner, he glanced over to see Makio sitting on the bed, not facing the group.

"Hey... Makio? Are you okay?" He cautiously peered over, hoping to catch a glimpse of her expression. Without a word, Makio stormed out the door.

Rengoku swatted the curler from his hair and followed her into the corridor of the building. Bright, striped wallpaper made the hall look like an optical illusion... Very flashy. In the distance, he heard a door slam. Nervously, the flame hashira followed the sound.

Slowly, Kyojuro pushed the door open and then creaked it shut behind him. Makio was perched on a window seat in what seemed to be a reading room; the walls were lined with bookshelves and small, dim lamps. He edged over towards her, and slid down next to her on the window seat. Kyojuro gulped and shuffled along, making sure not to invade her personal space.

"Makio? I'm very sorry if I have offended you at all. Just know that it was never my intention to intrude!" He began, attempting to cheer her up with his tone. She clenched her jaw and turned to face him.

"You didn't intrude dammit... You just... You make me nervous, okay?!" She blushed and stared at the floor. "It makes me nervous when you talk to me or look at me. Honestly, I kinda hate it. But thats how I felt when I first met lord Tengen aswell..."

Rengoku didn't know what to say. Makio shuffled her feet around and twiddled her thumbs, awaiting his response. He took in a deep breath.

"I understand, Makio! I too am nervous about this situation! Being around so many amazing people who love eachother is truly overwhelming!' He grinned, she blushed. "I'm sure that with time, we can learn to be at ease with eachother!"

"Knock, knock." Tengen stuck his head in the door. "You okay Makio? And what about you, Kyojuro? You only have one eye of eyeliner, that's not very flashy!"

Rengoku smiled and chuckled.

"Well, I do look very pretty with eyeliner on, so I might aswell allow you to finish it! Come Makio, let's join the others!" He stretched out his hand and she took it. Tengen smiled and leant over to kiss Kyojuro's cheek as he walked out of the door. A small pink flush bloomed on his cheeks.

"Let's go Tengen, the others are waiting!"

A/N: This isn't one of my favourite ships but I hope I did an okay job writing abt it <3

1180 words