♡ Cinnamon (Rengoku x reader) ♡

"Hello there my sunflower! It's quite a pleasant evening, is it not?" A broad smile was plastered across the face of Kyojuro Rengoku as he marched up to Y/n and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"K-Kyojuro!" She stammered, looking away from him in surprise as he got close to her. "What brings you over to my estate at this hour?"

Kyojuro beamed at her and revealed a basket that had been wrapped under his haori. In a booming voice, he declared his purpose:

"SWEET POTATOES!"

Y/n was taken aback. "S-sweet potatoes! How random!" She chuckled, peeking into the basket. Her senses were immediately filled with the comforting scent of cinnamon, and she smiled.

Kyojuro smelt like cinnamon.

"Did you really make these for me? How sweet!" She smiled and curled a strand of hair around her finger, not looking up at the flame hashira. "Why did you go through this trouble, may I ask? Is it a special occasion?"

He grinned warmly and his ears went slightly red. "Well... you mustn't resent me for this, but I may have asked lady Shinobu about how your day was, and she informed me that it was less than pleasant. It was then that I decided to cook you up some of my favourite comfort food; delicious sweet potatoes!"

With a hopeful gleam in his eye, he handed the basket to Y/n. "I know it might seem foolish of me, but I was hoping that my pitiful efforts might contribute to your happiness. After all, it is my duty to take care of you, both physically and mentally! Seeing you suffer puts me in great distress... So please! Eat up! I cooked them in cinnamon, the most comforting of spices!"

Once he had concluded his declaration, Y/n blinked and laughed softly.

"You're awfully sweet, Kyojuro. Please, do come inside! You can share this tasty meal with me by the fire."

A/N: I LITERALLY WROTE THIS LIKE A YEAR AGO AND IM JS GONNA PUBLISH IT CUZ ITS CUTE <3

346 words