♡ Soft (Shinobu x f!reader) ♡

Genre: Sick x caregiver

Ship: Shinobu Kocho x f!reader

"Hmph? Good morning dear~" Shinobu mumbled and rolled over to face you. She leant in for a kiss but immediately backed away when she saw your face.

"Oh my! Y/n, you look dreadful! You must be sick..." She yawned and hopped out of their shared bed. Y/n huffed and rolled their eyes.

"I don't get- *cough* -sick Shinobu!" They protested.

"Riiiight..." Shinobu giggled, her teasing voice bringing even more heat to Y/n's fevered cheeks. "Either way, you stay in bed now, I'll go make you some soup."

As much as they wanted to look tough, y/n couldn't help but smile with relief. They felt GOD AWFUL this morning, it's a blessing that they were living with an angel like Shinobu.

When they sat up and looked in the mirror, y/n was shocked at their own appearance. Their skin was cold and clammy, yet they still had a fever. Their eyes were red and puffy, matching with their lips. They groaned in frustration.

"No wayyy! I caught the sickness going through the recruits? Whose gonna force them to train their asses off if I'm out sick?!"

"Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness, you know!" Shinobu giggled. She stood in the doorway holding a big bowl of soup in her oven-gloved hands.

Y/n's mouth watered as the scent teased them, wafting throughout the room. Even with a stuffy nose, they loved the smell of their favourite soup.

"Now then, you eat this and then rest up. Is there anything else you need now, for while I'm at work?" Shinobu gazed lovingly at them and batted her long eyelashes.

"God, she's an angel." They muttered. Shinobu giggled.

"Oh no, did I say that out loud?" Y/n groaned in embarrassment. Shinobu ran her fingers through y/n's hair, softly caressing their cheek and forehead.

"Promise me you'll take it easy today, kay? You know what happened to that kid Akaido when he pushed himself too far with this sickness."

Y/n winced. That guy had been stuck in hospital for weeks after he got sick.

"Yeah... No chance I'll be doing what he did! I'm pretty sure all those kid demon slayers I'm training will have killed eachother by the time I get back anyway, so I'll do anything to recover ASAP!" They smiled and chuckled. Y/n really was fond of those new recruits.

"Okay my love, thank you for promising that to me." Shinobu bent down and placed a soft kiss on y/ns forehead. A gust of wisteria and lavender scent overcame them, and they let out a sigh of contentment. As Shinobu was about to click the door shut, they murmured something to her.

"Shinobu... Hold on a sec."

"Hmm?" The insect hashira stuck her head in from the doorway. The curious expression on her face was adorable.

"Nothing... I just love you..." y/n muttered the last words just as they were nodding off to sleep. Shinobu's heart warmed and fluttered at their words.

"I love you more, y/n."

A/N: This one is short but I don't even care, ALL HAIL MOTHER SHINOBU 🙏

539 words