♡ Bakery (Obamitsu) ♡

Genre: Normal. This story is set in an AU where the demon slayers live normal lives. Obanai and Mitsuri own a bakery.

Ship: Obanai x Mitsuri

The bell above the door jingled delightfully as Mitsuri's favourite customer entered her bakery. She grinned from ear to ear and ran over to give him a strong hug.

"Kyojuro!" She exclaimed. "How lovely to see you! One moment-"

She stuck her head out the back of the building.

"IGURO! KYOJURO IS HERE!"

She raced back to her friend and stood up on her tiptoes to give him a kiss on the cheek. Kyojuro smiled and patted Mitsuri affectionately on the head.

"It's nice to see you Kanroji!" Rengoku exclaimed, unaware of his own loudness. "I'm sorry to say that I'm not here for a very nice reason-"

"Did something happen? Is Senjuro okay? What about Tanjiro and the others?" Mitsuri clutched her apron nervously.

"Oh of course!! Nothing awful!! The only problem is that they've decided to throw Nezuko a surprise party because she's been cured of her illness for a whole year! We need 365 cupcakes... By the morning..."

Mitsuri's jaw dropped. Obanai scoffed, he had been standing in the doorway as they spoke.

"How do you suggest we bake that many cupcakes in one night Kyojuro?" He raised an eyebrow.

Rengoku chuckled nervously and scratched his head.

"That's exactly it... I'm not entirely sure it's possible. Either way, all of the kids are counting on you so you'd better think of something quick!"

Before Obanai could comment any further, Kyojuro dashed out of the door.

Kanroji turned to face her husband. "Um... I think we need to get started ASAP!" She giggled nervously. Iguro simply rolled his eyes.

"There's no way you think we can pull this off! It's impossible!" He scoffed.

"Hey now, we have to try!" She shuffled over and placed a kiss on his cheek, his face turned pink immediately. He rolled his mismatched eyes and huffed.

"Okay Kanroji, I guess we could try."

"Amazing!" She gushed excitedly. "I'll call Tomioka and Sanemi, I'm sure they wouldn't mine helping! Himejima, Shinobu and Tokito too!" She rushed over to the phone and furiouslu began dialing numbers. Within the next hour, the bakery was packed full of people.

Kanroji hauled herself up onto a bench to address the crowd. Everyone looked up at her waiting for their orders (especially Iguro, who was used to being bossed around by his wife).

"Okay now! Tomioka and Sanemi, why don't you run down to the market with this list and stock up on ingredients. Shinobu, you can begin piping in decorations. Himejima, Tokito, why don't you start on the batter with the ingredients we already have in stock!"

Everyone nodded simultaneously and quickly set to work. Giyuu and Sanemi sprinted out of the door, determined to make Nezuko's day special. Shinobu piped as if there was no tomorrow, and Himejima was whisking batter so hard that the veins were popping out of his forearms. Tokito, on the other hand, sat and licked the spoons.

***

"Wow..." Shinobu lay on the floor, panting. She looked over her shoulder to see the other 4 people spread eagle across the cold tiles, hot and sweaty with effort.

"We did it..." Mitsuri whined feebly. "My arms feel like jelly from all that mixing..."

Himejima and Tokito stood in the corner of the room, staring at the people below them. Gyomei didn't seem to be tired at all; Muichiro was always tired so it was hard to tell how he was feeling. Suddenly, a heavenly sound dinged out into the bakery, and everyone jumped to their feet.

"THEY'RE DONE!" Sanemi exclaimed. Everyone cheered and ran over to the massive oven to stare at their masterpieces. 365 wisteria flavoured cupcakes (with 5 spares), all fluffy and purple ready to be iced. Obanai had to force his way through the ecstatic crowd in order to retrieve them from the oven!

"Be careful idiots, they're hot." Iguro rolled his eyes as Sanemi shoved half a tester cupcake down his throat. His eyes widened and he cracked a rare smile.

"Woah, these aren't actually half bad!"

Giyuu huffed and snatched the rest of the cupcake from Sanemi's hand, taking a small bite. Although he didn't say anything, his reaction was the same as the ex wind hashira's.

Mitsuri squealed and hugged Obanai. "Look at the clock Iguro! We did it with two whole hours to spare! Nezuko's special day is gonna be perfect!"

Iguro smiled at his wife. "Yes dear, I'm sure it will be lovely."