♡ Pride (Inosuke x f!reader) ♡

Prompt: Y/n finds Inosuke injured in the forest

Ship: Inosuke Hashibira x f!reader

Y/n brushed the dirt from her knee, seeing a smear of blood mixing with it. She'd just completed her mission with relative ease, yet not even a hashira's Tsuguko was immune to cuts and grazes.

Tutting to herself, she crouched down and poured some medicated water on the wound, scrubbing it clean so that it wouldn't get infected. Before she had a chance to slap on a dressing, Y/n felt her entire body tense.

"Who goes there?!" She commanded, springing to her feet. The aura that had crept up on her wasn't that of a demon... In fact, Y/n almost felt like she recognised it.

"Isn't that the boar kid, Inosuke?" She mumbled to herself, her voice suddenly curious rather than aggresive. To her surprise, the usually lively demon slayer was walking with his head in his hands- Oh wait, did he take of his mask?! He doesn't have his head in his hands at all, only the pig-head!

"Hey, Inosuke!" Y/n called out, signalling rapidly towards him. The face that turned to look at her was one she never expected to see; his eyes were piercing green, and his hair hung low and framed his face perfectly. If Y/n hadn't been looking at him shirtless, she could have mistaken him for a girl!

"What the hell do you want, Y/n..." Inosuke hissed, his voice low. Y/n was surprised to see him looking so dejected, this seemed rather out of character for him.

"I just- Hey, are you okay?" Her eyes widened as Inosuke turned slightly, revealing a large gash running down his arm. Instantly Y/n reached to inspect it, but the other demon slayer shoved her away. Y/n scoffed.

"Don't be ridiculous, that wound is deep! Let me just-"

"Cut it out! I don't need your help!" Inosuke yelled, some of his loud personality returning. However, his voice was laced with fatigue, and he was obviously exhausted.

Y/n folded her arms and glared at him, looking him up and down. He was far bigger than her, so she doubted she could pin him down without injuring him further... Suddenly, Y/n remembered something important.

"Hey, I'm a higher rank than you now! I'm a hashira's Tsuguko!" Y/n grinned triumphantly. "So you have to do what I say, even if you don't want to! Do you really want to make (your fav hashira's name) mad and lose your arm in the same day?"

Inosuke didn't reply. His bright eyes had gone slightly dull, and Y/n cocked her head to the side as he stared into space.

"Hey, boar-kid, this really isn't-"

Thud.

"Oh my god, INOSUKE!" Y/n yelped and ran over to his crumpled body.

The young demon slayer had collapsed to the ground. Inosuke was still conscious, low groans of pain rumbling from deep inside his chest. His teeth were gritted as he looked down at his feet; blood was beginning to pool around him , its orgins unknown.

"Shit..." He hissed, using his one uninjured forearm to drag himself half-upright. Panicking, Y/n grabbed hold of his shoulders and forced him back to the ground, making him yell out in protest.

"No no no! Stay down, idiot!" She yelled. Y/n's voice was high-pitched with concern; she knew that Inosuke could move his own organs around to avoid injury, so watching him collapse like that was a worrying sight. Reaching for her medicine pouch once more, she rummaged around amongst the various medicines and bandages...

Growling to herself in frustration, Y/n poured the bag's contents onto the forest floor. She needed to stop this bleeding... But where was it all even coming from?

"Hold on a sec... Wait there! I'll be right back..." She darted off into the forest momentarily, before returning with an armful of thick, fluffy moss. Ripping a chunk from her pile, she pressed the fresh green moss onto Inosuke's seeping wound.

"Here, hold this on your arm to slow the bleeding. I'm gonna get some medicine out to help your blood clot, it'll only take a sec." Y/n's voice was so soft that she was almost mumbling as she treated Inosuke's wounds. Grabbing a small purple vial from her bag, she tilted Inosuke's head back slightly as poured it into his mouth.

"Cmon, swallow. It won't work unless you swallow, Inosuke." Y/n urged him, but he simply laid back with his head in her hands, panting softly. The moss at his arm was already turning red, even the most absorbent of substances would have become wet at the amount of red liquid that was leaking from him.

Taking two fingers, Y/n held Inosuke's chin and lifted it upwards. Closing his mouth for him made it easier as he swallowed, choking weakly on the bitter medicine.

"There, good job Inosuke!" Y/n praised him, trying to wake him up a little with a shake. "Okay, we need to get you to Shinobu... Can you climb on my back?"

"Hmrrrrr!" Inosuke groaned, clearly not fond of Y/n's idea. The Tsuguko was in disbelief... Even when faced with death, this boar-kid was still intent on maintaining his pride!

"Hey, it's not like you can just walk to the butterfly mansion yourself. Come on, take my hand." Before he had another chance to protest, Y/n grabbed Inosuke firmly by the hand and rolled her shoulder so that he was pulled right onto her back. He was surprisingly light... Although, Y/n might have simply been underestimating her own strength.

"Okay Hashibira, let's get you home."

...

957 words