Chapter 45 - Rise up 3

Outside of the cube, across the street

"Ugh..."

Huffing out as he spat out another dose of dead blood, the hand-turned knife inside of him twisting around in agonizing slowness.

Flashing Teivel a bloodied grin, EM' cracked his neck in the direction of the lost child he left behind,
forcing himself to talk.

"Ha- Hagane!"

The girl complied instantly, reaching behind herself and touching the window they bypassed minutes ago. Focusing her gaze at the smooth surface, the shield started to blur together, opening up another portal.

Searching around the only reflective surface nearby, the glass cube in front of them was the only reachable object in sight. Leaving EM' no other choice, he bailed forward, throwing Teivel off-guard as he equally grabbed at his morphed arm. Applying some pressure, he could hear the typical snap of a bone.

Looking up at him in irritation as he vastly retrieved his broken limb out of EM's body. Teivel attempted to strike at him anew as his other arm let go of Gungnir. Taking the chance, EM' evaded the other holder, running straight ahead to the cube.

The divine weapon fell to the side, a loud clanking sound resonating at the contact of metal and stone. Observing the spear for a second longer,
Teivel threw it a nasty snarl.

"As useless as always."

Bailing forward, his other arm transitioned into a replica of his divine weapon, which turned out to be a sword itself. Hovering above his head as he was ready to attack him again.

Simultaneously, EM' raced onward, getting closer to the cube as stinging pain reached his brain. A glass shard came flying his way, cutting at his throat as it passed him by. Perplexed, he dragged his view across the hexahedron as more shards made their way to him, each of them increasing in size.

The cube started to heavily shake, exploding into giant pieces and spreading widely in every direction. Thrusting his arms to the front to protect his head, dozens of splinters penetrated his skin as he watched the massive construct collapse on itself,
cursing Nico to hell and back for his lousy timing.

"Really?! Right now?"

Spotting an especially vast piece of glass flying straight at him, he chooses to fuck it all and take the risk. Sprinting straight ahead, he aimed to jump right into the reflective junk of glass,
hoping for Hagane's gift to still work.