Chapter 20 - the calling 2

Ex-By' warehouse complex,
seconds after the escape, Neo Nova

Speeding off of the roof of the Margaret warehouse right to the building next to it, Nico stepped hard on the brakes and turned Sleipnir around in an u-turn motion. Coming to a momentary stand, he looked up to the higher complex as a gigantic midnight blue hand cramped through the now-shattered window, its claws breaching into the bronze metal wall, scrapping it.

Stephen was hanging limply at his back, all his energy lost from his ear-numbing scream finally stopped his bitching. Curving his face in his direction, Nico whispered to him,

"Hey, are you still there?"

He asked him amused, betting his last piece of meat that the scientist had never had an adrenaline shot like this before.

Mumbled gipperish came his way before Stephen composed himself and was capable of pressing out an answer at last.

"Unfortunately, yes."

Puffing out a hot breath before bursting out into full laughter, Nico couldn't hold it back anymore. He thought the newbie seicentist was hilarious with his angsty antics and dramatic comments.

Stephen, not so amused by the display of humor from Nico, watched him helplessly as he laughed it out to his full heart's content.

Instead of focusing on the scene in front of them, Stephen catched the massive lost hand as it pushed down on the metal wall, making it bend under its immense pressure and creating a bigger hole in the process.
Tapping slowly onto Nico's polyester-clad shoulder, he managed to turn his attention back to the still ongoing problem before them, sweat dripping off of him like a river.

"I think it's time to get the hell out of here!"

He yelled into Nico's face, his finger pointing to the upcoming threat.

"And I think you are right for once!"

Nico yelled back, annoyed, hitting full on the gas pedal. Tapping on Sleipnir's left side, the divine weapon came to life again, turning itself in the opposite direction and racing away.

Stephen yelled in surprise at the sudden motion, gripping on to Nico's back even harder. They drove off at high speed, Nico maneuvering his bike over the rooftops of the complex. Behind them, he could hear a deep rumbling and clattering as the lost one tore down the last remaining pieces of the bronze wall, freeing itself.

Driving even faster now, Nico glanced back, witnessing as the lost soul got a hold onto the buildings around them, making the walls crumble down like a gingerbread house just by sheer force.
While it's size was impressive, its speed was not as it struggled to get to them, as he already managed to reach the entrance of the warehouse complex.

Thank the gods for this things slowness; with that, we still have a chance at slaying it.

Nico thought in desperation as he rode to the end of the secluded area of this district. Needing to catch up to EM' and Fey rather sooner than later—thinking of her—especially she was a good bet on bringing this monstrous creature down on its knees.

With a plan in mind, to reach his desired destination, he drew the handlebar to himself, pushing the bike onto its back wheel before aiming at the ground below them. Stephen was awfully quiet behind his back, but he couldn't care about that right now. Speeding up again, they passed the edge of the top of a smaller house and dove down. A small passage was cleared before them, with ash and grime blowing up in the air from his abrupt landing.