Chapter 30 - bury a friend 3

A few hours later, medical station, recovery room, European HQ's, Neo Nova

recovery room, European HQ's, Neo Nova

Burning hatred flowed through her arteries like venom. If that so-called 'doctor' as much as just laid another single finger on her or the others, Kat was hell-bend on taking off his entire half, ripping him apart.

My head is killing me.

Thinking in revulsion as she slowly regained consciousness again, feeling grumpier than ever. She felt rough sheets beneath her, realizing she wasn't spread out on the hard laboratory floor like a decayed carcass anymore.

"Uuurgghhhhh..."

Kat grumbled out to herself, slapping her right hand against her forehead. The splinting headache made it even more difficult to focus on the ongoing commotion, overbearing noise rising in the back of her head.

Deciding to take her chance and chill out just for one fucking second, she heard the conversation going on even more heated; she had no other choice and eavesdropped. It's not her problem that these people don't seem to know what privacy really means.

"... What has gotten into you?! I told you to keep it discreet and you rushed out with Nico and even Fey in tow, racking havoc in the entire district!"

She recognized the voice to be that of Major Gyro; taking the context of his bitching, EM' was probably on the short end of this exchange.

"How the hell was I supposed to know that there was a lost soul the size of a fucking building?! I did as you told me, and in the end, everything was just going as you wanted it, didn't it?! Even finding this girl!"

Oh.

That was new to her, so they too tried to find her, as she listened to EM's hissed answer.

"Don't talk back at me like that.
Your attitude towards me is getting out of control; don't forget your true duty and who is in charge here, boy."

Gyro's voice raised a little higher, his patience seemingly running thin.

Hearing EM' take in a sharp breath, Kat awaited the inevitable outburst that was sure to follow, but her ears were only met with silence instead.

I guess trouble in paradise?

Wondering if he did after all respect the rank of order or just was done fighting tooth and nail with the major.

In a calmer, much more reserved tone, unlike what she witnessed from him before, she heard him say,

"Excuse the behavior,"