Chapter 27 - this is what makes us girls 3

Approximately 2500 years ago, unknown location, far in the north of Europa, Dinavia

unknown location, far in the north of Europa, Dinavia

The icy winds bit at her naked skin as she came back to her senses; falling asleep in this harsh environment wasn't her best idea to begin with. Brushing the freshly fallen snow from her body, she sat up on the white-clad ground, observing her surroundings. Her sleepy eyes watched as a herd of moose made its way across a frozen lake a few meters away from her.

Sleep in general was a foreign concept to her, as Hela hadn't experienced it for a long time, but shifting into this form required more rest than she would like to admit.

Searching for him for endless days without a stop in her track took its price as she collapsed in the middle of nowhere and fell asleep,
not imagining how long she lay there.

Based on the heavy blanket of snow that covered her whole body, Hela must have been here for quite some time. Squishing her underlip between her teeth, the thought alone made her irritated. This human form was good for nothing, as she lost even more precious time in fulfilling her duty. She was their keeper after all; that one of them left the entity was bad enough, but making her leave was even worse.

Coming to a stand on wobbly legs, she tried to reach out with her mind. As she looked around the wide landscape, only an endless ivory scenery greeted her. The wind blew harshly past her nude form, making her shiver. It felt strange, all these old feelings coming back to the surface since she left the entity. Only her long curtain of steel-colored hair provided some kind of protection for her newborn form.

Pain, hunger, exhaustion, loneliness—even as gods, in this form, everything felt heightened, almost unbearable to stay like this.

Did humans always feel like this?

She asked herself as she tried to walk forward. Her mind tingled in anticipation, feeling her kin coming closer and closer.

He must be nearby; maybe I'm lucky after all.
I can't stand this state of existence any longer.

Hela pondered grimly as her legs finally stopped the violent shaking, her walk falling into steady steps at last.

Behind her, the wind picked up its pace again. As an ominous feeling caught her off-guard, spinning on her heel, she was presented with a tall male figure clothed in layers of black and grey garments, only his mop of midnight black hair and piercing eyes visible.

He stood directly in front of her and tilted his head to the side, his gaze drifting over her naked frame. Hela watched him furrow his brows in displeasure and looked down on herself. Was something wrong with her appearance? She didn't really pay attention, nor did she have the time to examine her new form as she tried to hunt him down.