Chapter 20: 3 days. "Confront me"

"Huh, have you seen (M/n)?"

Wilbur's voice was laced with slight concern. Tommy shook his head.

"Haven't seen him at all, Wil."

(M/n) was not at his place in the afternoon or even last night. Nor when Wilbur went to check in the morning. 

This made Wilbur worry as to something could've happened to him.

As the more Wilbur worried, the more he couldn't think about the upcoming elections. His adrenaline just peaking each second. 

It wasn't long before----

"(M/n)!!! Come on. We have to get to the tower before your kids come home in a few hours!!" Was the sound of a giggling George.

Wilbur snapped his head around to witness (M/n) quietly listening as his tired hetero colored eyes were dull and stoic as back then but much more colder now. He was surrounded by Dream, Punz, Sapnap, and George. Surprisingly BadBoyHao (Bad) had joined them as they were all fondly speaking to each other.

Wilbur only stared.

Shocked.

Soon enough, both Wilbur and (M/n) made eye contact. The taller's ears went down in a threatening manner as he glared coldly yet stoically towards Wilbur. To which shivered at the eye contact.

He couldn't believe it.... the spell was off.... by who???

In the corner of his eye, he can see Dream in (M/n)s clothes as he smirked at Wilbur. Although he was wearing a mask, Wilbur can sense that smirk a mile away.

This caused Wilbur to groan in frustration. Not only that, but utter sadness.

His (M/n) is out of his grasp.

Wilbur felt hopeless inside, yet outside, he didn't show it. Oh, how he needed (M/n) so bad. Yet now, he lost him entirely.

"Wilbur." 

Wilbur turned his head back to Tommy as he sighed.

Tommy had been calling his name for the past minutes as Wilbur didn't notice frankly.

"Huh-- oh- yea." He muttered as he had a cold stare placed in his eyes.

"Uh--- anyways, we need to start setting up for the elections!!! Didn't you want to campaign to the people???" Tommy shouted as he held up flyers which branded Wilbur as it said.'Voting only counts if it's for me!' 

Wilbur grimaced at his cheesy ass line.

"Yea-- yea, whatever." Wilbur sighed as he began to take flyers once more and started handing them out to people that passed by.

Rather boring, but keeping the charade of being a well-known and respected president was something he wanted to feel. 

But Wilbur couldn't stop thinking:

'How... how did he escape the spell?'

The longer Wilbur thought, the longer his body ached for the gentle love. 

oh, how he missed his sweetheart.

Tommy just stared confusingly at Wilbur just stood there, dazed, lovesick.

'Hopefully, he doesn't turn crazy...' Tommy sighed as he shook his head before smiling once more to please the audience he captivated.

"L'manberg!!!! A nation built on peace! Fought for freedom, and now here we are! You need a strong-willed leader who fought for you and will always fight for you!!" shouted Tommy as the audience muttered in agreement as they all took a flyer.