☬Chapter 2: Memories☬

Screams.

All I can hear are those goddamn screams.

Flames danced in the cold night as screams were heard.

God...

Why do I remember those screams...

The village... the village was burning. Fire was seen all around as it roared in laughter. I stood frozen in fear.

Gripping the netherite axe with both hands, I still shook in fear.

A loud roar was heard as people screamed.

THAT BLOOD CURLING SCREAM!!

I felt my heart beat against my chest as it tried to break through.

My breathing became heavy as my body felt cold, but the only thing keeping me warm was the sweat that dripped from my face.

I couldn't breathe.

The air was intoxicating as the fumes of ash were everywhere.

A sudden realization crashed onto me as I started to run further into the village.

T̵̨̨̡̡̮̠̣̦̱͙̣̪͓͉̥͍̼̬̩̼̜̥͔͚͆͂̐͗͒̾̉͆̈́̈́͒ȩ̷̡̨̛̛̪̠̯̺̋̓͊́̿́́̅͂͋̓͐̅̈́͐̚̚̕͠͝ͅc̴̨̧̧̼͍̳̥̰̱̖͎͈͕̱̰͈̮̼̙̪̮̫̱̯̞̠͛̄͆̿̒̂͋͐̀̓̐̀͒̊̀̔̈͝h̷̯̺̲̖̘͖̯̗̀̈͌́̇̀̏̈̑̀̆̃̕͠n̵̡͕̭̱̪̲̟̝̫̙͕͈̳̪̯̟̘̺̮͚͖̈́̑͆́̈̿͊̈́̽̊̀̃̔̎̽̅̔̕͜͜ǒ̸̧̨̯͕̮̗̼͓̬̫̗̜̖̹͖̟͕͕̫͚̬̗̫͐̊̇́͗̽͌͒̉͑̏̊̀̿̀͗̄̕͘͘̕̕ͅͅ

I dodged some of the burning debris that had fallen from a building.

I looked around as I saw him. I ran towards him as he looked at me.

He tried to wave at me, a small smile of hope.

I too smiled before it turned to a horror filled expression, panic in my eyes as my body moved faster.

A monster stood behind him.

I shouted. Screamed for him to move.

But it was too late. The moment he turned around was the moment the monster brought his claw down.

Yet... he didn't get injured but...-

A seering burn made my body shrivel in pain. My body jolting at the sudden wave of pain as I held onto my eye, my left eye.

I screamed in pain as he froze in horror.

The burning sensation of the fire that closed in and the injury was too much.

(M/n)'s P.O.V

My eye flew open as my body forced me to sit up straight. 

Cold sweat slowly dripping down my face and body. My breathing rapid as my lungs seemed to close up on me.

It felt suffocating.

All I could do was hold onto my left eye. 

I just couldn't forget this...

I couldn't save him against...

My body lurched forward as I began to cough violently. Placing my hand onto my mouth as I continued to cough.

Once my body began to recover, I sat up closer to the edge of the bed. My eyes adjusting to the semi dark filled room.

Everyone was sleeping soundly, small snores coming from Tommy. His leg dangling out at the edge of his bed, arm over his face.