Room Clean- Penelopes daughter

You've had a very stressful past few weeks. It was your last day of school before winter break and you were really excited but that meant that all of your teachers had decided to give you tests today. You've been crammed in your bedroom for the past two weeks studying all day.

You've gotten a bit lazier and may not have brought plates and bowls downstairs after your mom brought your dinner upstairs for you and there were books all over the room with scraps of paper that you had ripped out thrown haphazardly. Also you've not gotten the best sleep for the past two weeks either as you have been staying up until after midnight most nights and often are in a rush to get to school in the mornings after you hit snooze on your alarm about 5-6 times.

So getting ready for school meant quickly finding clothes and discarding the ones you didn't want to wear on the floor. You didn't realise that your room was getting that bad until your mom walked into your room last night to make sure you were asleep.

"Hey y/n you should go to sleep now. Big day tomorrow" she says as she walks over to your desk. She wraps her arms around you and kisses the top of your head as you continue to reread your notes. As she loosens her grip she starts sniffing. "Do you smell that?" she asks as you ignore her and went back to studying.

She walks over and picks up a t-shirt and finds a slice of pizza before she screams. You get a fright as you spin your head around and look at her. "Y/N there is mould on this pizza" she says in shock. "Sorry I'll clean my room tomorrow" you say as she gets mad.

"No, you need to clean your room now. This is not healthy. You are going to get mice in your room if you're not careful and how are you even supposed to find anything in here. It's disgusting" she states less calmly than usual.

"Mom stop I need to study" you say back in a slightly aggressive tone. "Don't give me that tone y/n. You need to clean your room or I'm taking your phone away" she says as you roll your eyes. "Fine I don't care, I haven't been on it anyways" you say as she leaves.

You stay up studying for another hour before finally going to bed. When you wake up for school that morning, you were running really late and we're going to miss the bus if you weren't careful. You didn't even talk to your mom as you ran out the door.

You barely made the bus before you get to school. Your day was long and stressful. You take all your tests and we're just relieved it was over and you were ready to celebrate Christmas.

You hopped back on the bus before getting dropped off right in front of your house. You walk in through the door and saw your mom smiling as she was making your favorite dinner. "Hi sweetie" she says with a smile as you drop your bag down and kick off your shoes. "Hi mom" you say as you were feeling bad about how rude you were last night. "I'm going to get changed" you say as you head up to your room.

You open the door and saw that your room was spotless. You were in shock as you quickly throw on some pyjamas. You walk back downstairs and give your mom the biggest hug. "Thank you so much. I'm sorry I was so rude last night" you say as she gives you back an even bigger hug.

"I'm sorry that I yelled at you. You were clearly very stressed and I know you've been working very hard the past two weeks now. I'm proud of you and I didn't want to make you clean your room now because I know that you are exhausted" she says as you nod before yawning. "I also just wanted to make sure there were no critters in your room" she says with a chuckle as you roll your eyes.

"Why don't we go watch some Christmas movies and eat dinner on the couch" she says as you smile. "That would be perfect" you said as you both make your way over to the couch and sit down. Your mom puts on The Grinch and you somehow manage to fall asleep 10 minutes into the movie.