Periods with Reid

You were at home one Friday night watching movies with your dad. You went to the bathroom and realised that you had just gotten your period. You grab a wad of toilet paper before wrapping it around your underwear. You quickly wash your hands before walking back to the living room.

"Hey dad, can we go to the store?" "Sure honey what do you need, I'm making a list for tomorrow" he says flicking through the tv channels. "No dad can we go now?" you ask with a bit of urgency in your voice. "Um sure, is everything alright?" he asks as you just look at him angrily. He runs up to his room as you quickly threw on shoes.

Your dad comes out of his room 5 minutes later. "God what took so long?" You complain as he grabs the keys. "Sorry y/n" he says anxiously as he drives to the local CVS.

He pulls up into the parking lot and parks the car. You hold your palm out as he looks at you confused. "Can you give me money please?" you ask. "No, we can just pay using my card" he says as you roll your eyes. "Can't you just wait in the car while I run in?" you plead as he looks at you seriously. "You know how I feel about you going into the store by yourself" "but dad, it's just CVS and I'll be back in 5 minutes"

"Reports indicate that teenagers are the most frequent victims of both non-family abductions and stereotypical kidnappings-81% were children 12 or older. In 40% of stereotypical kidnappings, the child was killed. In another 4%, the child was not recovered. The abducted children are predominantly female. Don't forget to include my line of work. I have made many enemies which sadly would increase these chances by-" your dad says before his phone pings and he picks it up.

He smiles before he types away. "Who are you texting?" you ask. "JJ" he says back. "Why?" you ask nervously. "She's going to meet us in CVS now" he says as you look at him mad. "DAD, WHY WOULD YOU TELL HER TO COME HERE?" you shout at him. "It is scary getting your first period and I know that you would feel a lot more comfortable talking to a female about it. Plus she can help with sizes and stuff." he says as you roll your eyes and hop out of the car.

He hops out too and walks with you inside. You walk through the store towards the feminine product aisle as he awkwardly follows behind you. As you turn to walk to the aisle you see JJ waiting. She turns and you both made eye contact. She wraps her arms around you and gives you the biggest hug. Your dad just stands there awkwardly.

Once you break apart JJ goes through all of the options. You decide on pads before you went through all the options. Your dads face was red as he was awkwardly looking at his converse. "Hey Spence, why don't you go home. I can drop y/n off at your house later" JJ says as she senses how awkward it was for him. "Yup. Goodbye sweetheart" he says as he gives you a quick hug and he smiles at JJ. "Thank you" he says to her before he quickly exits the store.

You turn back to JJ as you talk through everything. She picks out a bunch of products before buying you a little bag to store your products in for school, a hot water bottle, a small bottle of Advil, and finally some chocolate before you both go to the self checkout. She scans the items before you walk out.

You walk to JJ's car and hop in. JJ hands you the bag and you just hold it. "Hey y/n is everything okay?" "Yes" you say as she asks again. "Spill" she says as she looks at you and gives you the face. "All right fine, I'm just nervous about the whole period thing." "You always have me and Penelope and Emily and your dad to talk to." You cringe as JJ mentions your dad. "Sweetie I know it might be awkward with your dad but we both know that he is on his computer right now researching periods and learning all about them for you" she says as you laugh. "You're probably right" you say as she laughs as well. You pull up to your house and walk in. Your dad was as JJ called it on the computer. JJ leads you to your room and puts a pad on a fresh pair of underwear. You then take it and go to the bathroom as JJ sets up an emergency kit for school. You wash your hands and come out of the bathroom. You sit on your bed as JJ comes over. She tells you everything in your new kit before putting it in your bag. You both walk out of your room and your dad looks up from his computer. "Hey sweetheart" he says before you run into his arms. You give him a big hug. He was clearly surprised but gives you a hug back.

"Well I have to get home to Will and the boys, but y/n let me know if you have any more questions or you need help" she says as you give her a big hug. "Thank you for helping" you say before she kisses the top of your head. "Of course sweetie" she says before your dad goes over and gives her a big hug. He whispers something in her ear as she giggles and whispers something back into his ear.

JJ leaves as your dad guides you to the couch. He sees the hot water bottle on the counter and makes one up for you. He then comes back with snacks as you got comfortable and set up the TV. Your dad insisted on watching Star Trevor but you forced him to watch Greys Anatomy. He gets up from the couch again and gives you the hot water bottle. "Thank you so much" you say as you take it from him. He sits down next to you as you place your head on his chest. "I'm sorry for snapping at you today" you say a little embarrassed.

"Hormones are specialized chemicals in your body that control a variety of functions, including your menstrual cycle. Estrogen and progesterone are the primary hormones that control female sexual characteristics, reproduction, and your menstrual cycle. During certain times of the month, these hormone levels increase. This fluctuation, combined with ovarian steroids, can change the way you feel mentally, emotionally, and physically. Along with elevated estrogen and progesterone levels, serotonin levels in your brain may change as your menstrual period approaches. Serotonin is a brain chemical that's responsible for mood, and it could be linked to some of the mood-related changes that are common in the days before and during your period." Your dad says as you just nod your head.

You spent the rest of the night snuggled up to him on the couch as you enjoyed the show while your dad called out everything wrong in it.