Grade Checks with Rossi

The marking period had just closed and you were anxiously waiting for your report card to come in the mail. Your dad texted you and let you know that he was home from his case while you were in school. All of your other friends had gotten their report cards but you. You come home after Stacey's mom dropped you home from practice. You were exhausted as you walk in and threw your stuff down on the ground.

"Hi y/nn" "hi daddy" you say as you go up to him for a big hug. He stops you "first shower" you roll your eyes as you walk upstairs. You take a nice long shower before getting into your pyjamas and walking downstairs. "Welcome back" he says looking at the time. You go up to him and give him a hug. You were in there for at least 30 minutes-no wonder the water bill is so high" "what's for dinner?" you ask. "Spaghetti bolognaise" he says as you smile. "Perfect I'm starving" "you must be after all that exercise you did because you were stinky" he says as he kisses your head.

You sit down at the island as your dad turns his back to you and continues making dinner. "How was work?" you asked. "It was fine, we got the bad guy in the end" he says with a smile. "How was school?" he asks as you go quiet for a minute. "Y/n?" he asks again. "Um, it was fine" you say. "Well we can see how it's going after dinner" he says calmly. You raise your eyebrow as you look at him. Even though his back was to you, he sensed it. You swear he has eyes in the back of his head. "Your report card came in the mail today. You gulp. "Have you opened it yet?" "Nope, I wanted to wait till you came home"

He finishes dinner as you begin to set the table. He brings the food over and puts it in the middle of the table. You both sit down as you help yourself to dinner. You ate slowly and started talking about practice. You were too nervous to even think about your report card. After a long dinner, you decided that you couldn't eat anymore and you knew that you had to go through your grades eventually. "You done princess?" he asks with a chuckle. "Oh god, I ate way too much" you say as you go to stand up.

You clear the table as your dad takes the envelope out of his pocket. You sit down next to him. He opens the envelope slowly to build the anticipation. He takes the letter out and starts reading your grades out.

Accounting: A
Algebra 2: B
AP World: B+
Biology: A-
English: A
Italian 3A: C+
PE: A
Religion: A

"You have a C+ in Italian? We speak Italian at home."  "I know daddy. I can speak it but I can't write it. It's too hard" he takes out his wallet and a calculator before grabbing his glasses. "Well here is 20 dollars for Accounting, 10 dollars for math, 20 for world, 15 for Bio, 20 for English. You owe me 10 for Italian. 20 for PE and 20 for religion." He says as he punches the numbers into the calculator.

"That gives you $115. Now do you want the cash now or me to put it on your card?" "Card please" you say as you smile. "Okay, but tomorrow me and you are going to sit down and go through Italian" he says sternly. You roll your eyes "fine" you say as you turn to him. He pulls you in and kisses your head. "I'm very proud of you y/n."