Part 11 a life changing opportunity

The next day I was sitting in school thinking about god knows what when all of a sudden the headmaster's, principal Morita's, voice was heard throughout the speaker in the right corner of the wall. "Attention everyone I have a special announcement to make. I guess we will be more than excited. Tony Stark has officially announced that he will offer one of you an internship. So the test will be handed to you by turn teacher and once you are done hand them over to the teacher again. I wish you all the best of luck"

Our math teacher miss Hendricks than started to hand us out our test sheets. It was a whole cinch of paper, probably around 6 pages of various questions out of different topics. The topics seems to be a bit out of the blue, there where math, economics, war and war strategies, history, coding as well as chemistry and other languages. Just by frequently looking over the papers it seems kind of random but I thought that there was something behind it. It made extremely curious and I secretly wish to get the internship to find out so more.

On the front page was a single line where we would sign on our name so I did that as the first task of the test. The first page was like a piece of cake to me but the further I got the harder the questions got. For some reason it feels like I have read the questions somewhere before, it was like a dejavù. I looked over to Peter and his test sheet and I saw him struggling one question. It was a question written in Russian ‚как тебя зовут?' which means what is your name. I could see that he had no clue about what he has to do, so I gently kicked his leg with my foot. His head shoot up and he looked confused around the room. I gave him a small wave to get his attention and whispered that they want to know his name in Russian and that you are supposed to write it in that exact language. „Thanks Aria, but unfortunately I don't know how to write m name so I guess I have to pass of that one" he whispered back. „Well at seat you already habe an internship so you don't need another one" I joked quietly. He smiled at me, giggled a bit and turned his head back to his test.

I focused back on the test and eventually came to the same question Peter was about two minutes ago. I wrote down Ария which of course means Aria, because that's my name. The other question are more about science on other similar stuff. And in the end I can definitely say that it was kind of fun, well at least for me. That was until I came to the last page. I know that I could finish the test in about 20 minutes, but when I looked up and saw that everyone else was way behind me and Peter, I decided to make a tiny break. I took a deep breath in order to calm my nerves, took a sip of my cold water that I brought with me today. It was really refreshing and it felt like my brain had new energy to work properly again.

I thought that I had only one page with like five different tasks left, but jokes on me. It turns out that I had the back of the paper with another six tasked, which means a total of eleven questions left. I sighted and turned my attention back to the paper. I worked my way through the questions and at some point I was asking myself who could know something that. It was tricky and took a lot of time to write everything down, this part was slowly annoying me. By now my hand was starting to shake slightly and a cramp formed itself.

I needed to take a small break again to shake out my right hand in order to stop the cramp. All that was left was now a tingling in my fingers. When I looked around the room I was that almost everyone from my class has left the room. Now the only persons left into the room where Lizzy, a friend of Flash's, Ned, Peter and I. About half an hour later I was the only one left in the room. When I was finally done I got up, packed my stuff and collected all the papers as well as my back pack and jacked ant went to the front where the teacher was standing. I gave her my stocks of paper went to my locker. I had no idea how all test sheets will end up at Stark industries and how long it will take for them to look though all of them.

„So how did the test went Aria?" Peter asked me when I opened up my locker. „I guess fine or at least I hope so. But the more important question iiiisssss how was it for you?" I asked curiously, empathizing the is. He told me that he had to leave a lot of questions open because he either could not quiet solve them or there just in another language the he couldn't read or know how to answer even if he knew what he was supposed to do.

———

So about a week later when I was peacefully sitting next to in my algebra class the speaker turned on once again and principal Morita's voice came through it. He sounded a bit sad or better to say apologetic to us when the began to speak. „Listen up carefully student. I know a lot of you have hope that you might get the internship at the biggest company in US, but the results came back and no one solved everything correctly. So please don't be to disappointed in yourself, you all did amazing by participating and putting in you best effort. So now please continue with you day and have good day" and with that his voice disappeared.

After that disappointment I continued to life off my day at school and I was hoping that it wouldn't be any longer until I could leave school for today. So when I was about to leave the school grounds Peter catches up with me. I could sense he was nervous about something Im not quiet sure what is would be. He constantly fidgets with his hands until he gathers all his courage to ask me to join him on his day at Stark Industries. I was shocked by that offer and didn't really know how to answer that. But unfortunately my mouth was fast than my mind could think I answered „yes of course I'd love to". „Well than it's all settled Aria. Come on we don't want to be late" he said cheerfully and practically dragged me to the Stark Tower.

When we walked into the Tower and past the guards I held my head up high, like I had won so sort kind of trophy and in my case I could say I did. But as soon as we both entered the lab after a three minute long ride inside the elevator I lowered my head. When we walked through the door I was impressed and intimidated at the same time. There were multiple screens and various tec stuff all around , it was trudeln heaven for those who love coding and playing with all sorts off technology. „Hey kid and welcome Aria" Mr Stark greeted us.

„Good afternoon Mr Stark" I said trying to sound confident. „Well you might be wondering why I have ordered Peter to bring you here. You were the only person who answered every question correctly on the test. I know we told the school something different, but please understand we didn't want to draw that much attention to you. So welcome to your new internship"