Part 19 sneaking around

So when I woke up the following day I turned around to take in the stunning view I have over New York. It as heavenly.  I cold see the sun rise through the skyscrapers and right above the Central Park. Due to the fact that I was now homeschooled until further decision I had my first lesson today, science. I didn't know what they meant with that but I guessed it would be either chemistry or physics since I will be taught by Bruce and Tony.

So went I arrived in the lab for my first lesson I thought that they would make me an entire schedule, but instead they told me to take it easy and that my todays lesson will be about basic laws of physics. I didn't tell them that I already had something like that in school and it turns out that it was a wise decision. Thankfully Tony didn't seem to give that much to theoretical teaching, so instead he suggested that the best way to explain them to me would be through experiments. I was surprised because that was the least that I've expected.

So for the next couple of hours we did the various experiments and the lab end up being a total mess. I laughed together with the two of them and I can definitely say I had the time of my life. By now we are laughing so much they we had to hold our stomachs because they started to hurt. I was gasping for air when the last experiment failed and Tony crashed into the wall where a bunch of his Ironman suit are. For a split of a second I hold my breath until he crawls out of the rubble. When he stood up the threw his arms in the air and roared "wohohow that was amazing" and started bursting out laughing. I joined in laughing and even Bruce laughed again.

After we cleaned up the mess we made I went back to my desk. I looked into the system and saw Loki walking up and down in his cell. I felt sorry for him seeing like this breaks my heart. I know what it's like and what it feels like being locked up in a cage and not knowing when I would get out. So I knew what I had to do next. So in order to get out of the lab I asked if I could go back to my room to lie down for a bit. "Of course kiddo no worries" Tony said.

Of course I didn't walked back to my room, instead I made my way to his cell. But first of all I made a stopp at the kitchen to make him some food and a drink as well. I figured that if I did so think nice for him he would be a bit more open towards me. I thought about what he would like and I end up making a quick chocolate mug cake for him along with some herbal mint tea.

And now again I stood right in front of the last black door that separates me from his cell. This time I knew that I only had to place my hand on the touchpad in order to open it. So when I walked through the door I had a deja vu of being caught in here again. I pushed that feeling down and confidently walked up to the glass.

"Oh hello again mortal, to what do I owe the pleasure again" he snapped with a hint sarcasm in is voice. I still don't know what he had against me and I'm planning on figuring that out. 'Hello to you too and this mortal has a name" I said already composing myself for a snarky answer from him. "Well than enlighten me. What is your name, mortal" he asked with a little less hate this time. But he also had a hint of mischief in his eyes, which I kind of liked. "So since you asked so nicely my name is Aria pleasure to meet you. Oh before I forget I brought you something I hope you like it" I smiled at him.

We talked a bit more and I noticed him looking at the plate. I looked for an opening in the cell and eventually found one. Through that I was able to transfer it to him. At first he eyed it suspiciously so I told him that it's not poisoned. He raised an eyebrow and took the plate. Before trying it he looked up and asked "Why did you do that?". "Well for starters it s called being nice and second of all I just wanted to make you more comfortable" I smiled at him.

I started to feel like I was being watched so I looked at him quickly said goodbye to him and told him that I would come be back tomorrow. So I quickly went back to my room and quickly laid down on my bed. And only a few minutes later passed, when someone knocked on my door. Tony slowly opened the door and asked me if I was feeling better. I nodded and told him that I did. I pains me that I had to lie to him but I knew how he thinks about Loki and I couldn't risk getting caught.

———

The next day I woke up after sleeping for only two hours. I was almost the entire night up thinking about Loki and spending most of the time in my hiding spot listening to my new music through my black over-ear headphones.

So I got up hopped under the shower and when I stepped out of the shower I looked at myself in the mirror. I saw my body and was disgusted by myself. All those scars that are almost all over me covered at least fifty percent of my body. A lot of them came from the experiment but at least the same number of scare are self harm ones. They are a constant reminder of my past and I still think that I deserve this. I slowly sank down onto the floor and started to cry. Memory after memory came back and it felt like I'm reliving every single moment again.

I don't know how long I cried but it felt relieving letting all of it out. But I knew that no one can ever know about that to I dried of the tears and went to my closet. I picked out an oversized black sweatpants and I slipped into the black combat boots and walked out of my door. At first I wanted to go into the kitchen to get some coffee, but instead I remembered my promise from yesterday and went to Loki in hoped to clear my mind.

When I came into the room he was standing right behind the glass, already seeming to expecting me to come. "I told you I'd come back" I greeted him cheerfully. "Well even though you said that yesterday, you ran off so quickly I doubted that. So how are you today" he said. The question caught me off guard, so I put on a fake smile and said that I was great. "You know that you can't lie to the god of mischief, I can easily sense if someone is lying" he said bluntly. I gulped down the lump in my throat, nodded and said to him that this was a story for another day.

For now this answer was enough, but I knew that sooner or later he would ask again. So I steered the conversation in a different direction. "Oh on thing that I was wandering about is, how old are you?" I asked him curiously. He stayed quiet, clearly surprised by that and it seems like he didn't get this question very often. "If you truly want to know it" he mumbled and rolled his eyes at me "I'm 1,047 years old". 

I was a bit pulled. I mean I know that he is a god, but 1,047 years was still a lot. "So now that you know my age it's only fair that I get to know your age as well" he mimicked my question. "I'm 17 years old so ... yeah "I stuttered feeling a bit young compared to him. "Oh so we are actually around the same age" Loki blurred out. My eyes widened in pure shock, because that was something I would've never expected. When I asked him how this was possible he explained to me that in asgardian years they count differently and that they have a longer live spam so in human years he is 18 years old.

So after that conversation we talked a bit more about the place where he came from and it sounded heavenly. Another topic was if I was now staying here to which I told him yes. Before I went back to the main room I told him that I will be coming back everyday so he wouldn't feel so alone.