Part 23 the villian next door

The next day I woke up to a stinging pain in both of my hands. I groaned and slowly sit up. Memories from last night slowly came back to me. The flashbacks, the pain, me crying in front of others, my knuckled. 'Oh shit' i thought to myself. The realization hit me like a truck, my knuckles. I looked at my hand and saw the bandages. I was more than curious what it looks like, because I know that I have some super soldier serum in my system so I thought that they would have healed. I took of the bandage and saw that I was right. There was no more blood, so they were just a bit red and still sore and probably will be for the next one ore two more days. But that was fine with me, because the splits weren't deep enough to leave a scar.

After taking off the bandages off of both of my hands, I stood up and went into my bathroom. I was in desperate need of a shower after yesterday and not cleaning myself before going to sleep. So without any further looks I to the mirror I hopped under the shower. The warm water falling down into my skin felt nice and also refreshing. Washing away all the stress of the flashback I stared to hum a melody. I suddenly remembered that JARVIS was able to answer any request, so I asked him if he could play a song from my favorite playlist.

He immediately started to play 'you raise me up' by Westlife. I gave everything I had into the power of my voice and sang the lyrics with all of my heart. By singing and vibing to the lyrics I felt free and like I was finally me for the first time. So by the end of the song I was fully relaxed and reground. After stepping out of the shower, drying my hair and body I went to the drawers under the sink and picked out a few make up utensils. I looked it to the mirror to put on my mascara and was shocked. My eyes were all puffy and red due to me crying for hours. The rest of my face was puffy as well and covered in red spots. At first I wanted to cover them up, but after a few seconds of consideration I decided to skip that and instead went to my wardrobe.

I picked out something that I've never wore before

I picked out something that I've never wore before. The final look consists of an oversized green cargo pants with a lot of pockets on the sides. For the upper part I choose a white skin tight top and on top of that a cropped dark blue and white zip up hoodie. And the shoes were simply black and white sneaker.

When I was pleased enough with my appearance I left my room to go down and see what the day was up to. So when I was just closing a deep, thick voice ripped me out of my thoughts. "Well I must say that you have quite the beautiful voice, at least for a midgarian" he said from not that far away. I turned so that I was now facing him directly. I took a step back when I realized how close to him I was standing. When I didn't replied, due to the fact that I was still a bit shocked about him talking to me, using more than five words. "Oh good morning to you too. And thank you" I blushed at the last part.

"I heard you singing with such a magnificent voice and I must admit I'm impressed" he said with a mischievous smile on his lips. My cheeks turned even more red, until a thought popped into my mind. How did he hear me singing? "Well thank you so much that is very kind of you. Oh and how were you able to hear me? I wasn't too loud or disturbing anything?" I asked, fearing that I interrupted him doing something important. "Oh no you weren't don't worry. I just happen to sleep in the room right next to yours, so that's why I faintly could hear your voice" he smiled clearly noticing my uneasiness.

We talked for a little loner and it felt like we were making progress. He wasn't so buttoned up anymore when it came to conversations with me, which made me extremely happy. In the end I suggested to go down to the library so he could get some new books, because he mentioned that he loves to read but only had a few and he already has read them. His eyes immediately lit up like little kid on Christmas when I told him about the library.

But before we headed to the library I quickly went back to my room to cooled the essentials, my phone and something to drink from my mini fridge. I didn't knew what would be his taste so I grabbed a collection of various flavors. Putting everything into a small tote bag and I was ready to go in no time.

I opened the big black door made of wood, which was definitely a contrast to all the other door which were made of steel. We both entered the room at the same time, looking at the height ceiling stacked with books. For a bookworm it was definitely heaven on earth. I wouldn't describe myself as one. I do like to read a good book or two from time to time but what I love much more is music. I could easily spend the entire day to listen to different songs while sitting down drawing or reading sometimes.

When I was done daydreaming about the music that would fit perfectly to all of those books I started looking around for Loki. He was slowly walking from one shelf to another. From time to time he took out a book, reads its back and puts it back. While he was busily looking around I went to a nearby table and put down everything I brought from my room. While I was doing that Loki came up to me, tapped me onto my right shoulder to show me a book. It was the second book of the shatter me book series, an awesome story in which I have found a lot of similarities to myself. He asked me if I would recommend this and what the book was all about. I told him that it wasn't some easy story and that it was quite brutal. The way the looks at me let it look like he wanted to ask more about it but quickly dropped it.

So for the remaining time of the day we look for new books, read a few chapters in different books and talked a bit. At some point Steve and Thor came to check up on us. We both told them that we are fine. Thor said that he was happy to see Loki more like himself. I was surprised that he could talk that low, but then he explained to me that he feared that Loki could hear him and would shut down again. I nodded and was about to go to the next shelf looking for a book, Steve said that lunch was now ready.

Loki's and my eyes met and we said at the same time that we were fine and didn't want to come up. At first the two Avengers took at us skeptical and each of them raised an eyebrow, but eventually they didn't said anything and left. Loki then came up to me to ask why I didn't want to eat now. I simply told him that I wasn't hungry at all and returned the question. He told me that gods didn't need as much food as midgardian and when he saw my questioning expression he explained it to me. He told me that Thor was different and that eats for fun and socializing. I just nodded at that and continued to wander around the library.

In the evening we returned to our rooms. We parted at my door and wished each other a good night. In my room I was still surprised that I had the villain next door. But after all I don't think that he is a villain. So instead of sleeping I stayed up all night listening to music and drawing some new sketches.