Part 16 who am I

„WHO ARE YOU REALLY!?" Mr Stark shouted while aiming at me with his hand blasters."oh shit" I cussed myself under my breath as I instinctively but my hands up. Right behind Mr Stark was Black widow who was pointing a gun straight at me. I was shaking because I knew that now I owned them a huge explanation. „yes you do own an explanation" a deep voice said calmly with an amused tone. I glanced over to Loki who had just said that and shoot him an angry look. I was also confused because I didn't said anything out loud and it was like he had read my mind.

I than was cuffed and escorted to an interrogation room by Natasha Romanov. It was scaring and also kind of ironic, besuche for years I was trained to be like her and now she is arresting me. Neither of us said a word when we walked though the door and the corridor all the way down to a black door. Inside of the room was nothing besides a metal table with a metal table and a chair on each side. The table was different from all the interrogation room tables I know. The table  has a thin curved metal handcuff holder in its middle. So when I sat down she immediately placed my hands onto the table, released one cuff just to put it through the space between the table and the metal rod and back on my wrist. "Stay!" was the last thing the told me before leaving the room.

She came back about ten minutes later accompanied by Mr Stark and Captain Rodgers. She sat down on the opposite side of the table while the other two men positioned on either side of the room right behind her. She began the conversation by asking me some basic questions for  example how my real name is or how old I am. I answered truthfully and even to her that I didn't know my last name. They were all a bit surprised and simultaneously raised an eyebrow.

After some more basic and also kind of boring questions she finally cut through the chase and ask the final question. "Where do you came from and who do you work for". By now I was fed up with all the lies because I knew that lying would help me anymore I told them my entire story. I told them a bit about HYDRA and also about the conversation about me being nothing more but a lab experiment made from DNA and in the end I talked about my escape.

They all were shocked and at first thought that this was all a lie, which I totally understand. I told them also small pieces of the training that I had to undergo my entire life. They felt sorry and told me that they wanted to take me to the lab to run a few tests on me. I began to panic because I had some horrible experiences in places like that I didn't wanted to trigger all of that agin and end up having a breakdown right in front of them. But despite my protests they took me there anyways.

In the lab we were greeted by dr Banner who was tapping on various screen. I told gently but still sternly ordered to sit on one of the hospital beds and stay as calm as possible. I nodded and sourced a smile in order to hide my fear and anxiety. When they are all done with talking to each other on the other side of the room they came up to me and started to explain the upcoming tests. In order to find out who I truly am they wanted to take blood and do a couple of scans from my brain and entire body. It sounds kind nothing big, but in my mind memories of my time at HYDRA and all their experience and all the other stuff they did to me came rushing back. I started to shake and couldn't listen to their explanation at all. I did some slow breaths to calm down and soon they start to notice my fears and discomfort.

Mr Stark and dr Banner slowly approached me further, talked calm and quiet as they calmed me down. And after some time it worked. When I was finally calm enough they explained it again. I agreed to all of them since I basically had no other choice so it all began. I was tensed the whole time and in the end it was quicker and painless compared to all the other times and now we had to wait.

So about 30 minutes later a new chart popped up on one of the screens.  Dr Banner immediately went to the monitor to check the new upcoming data.  He hectically called for Mr Stark and agent Romanov to look at the results. They all turned to me at looked a bit shocked. I asked them what was wrong and when they didn't replied, I slowly stood up and walked up to the screen as well. And there it was, the truth.

The results show that my DNA was a mix of the one from Mr Stark and captain Rodgers. I stumbled back to the bed and sat down. They were right, the conversation I overheard in the HYDRA corridors between the two scientists was the truth. I was confuses, yet somehow relieved but also scared. Scared of what they will might do with me.

"So you told us the truth and it turns out that you are one of us after all. So please stay" Mr Stark said. "Thank you so much Mr Stark it means a lot to me" I said with tears of joy in my eyes. "Come on kiddo, we are way past that formalities'' he told me gently. I was so relieved to hear that and then a single tear rolled down my cheek. 

The next three hours went by in a rush. Documents were sorted out, the whole Avengers was informed about the news and they all took it pretty well. Clint was such a sweetheart and in a funny moment he said that Tony and Steve would make a perfect couple to have kids. O was touched by that but also thought that it was kind of true. But just we all expected it that denied it and said that they were straight, but that they would try to parent me. I was touched by that and thanked them a thousand times. After that they all agreed on letting me stay here at the tower. When I mentioned that I was still living at Evelyn's place to which they say that they will call her and explain everything to her. After that the topic of school came onto the table. When they suggested that I would change to homeschooling I immediately agreed happily, because I hate it there most of the time. Don't get me wrong i love spending the classes with Peter and his friends but the rest of the school sucks.

So for now they told me that I could stay in a spare room a couple of floor up, exactly where the rest of the team was staying so I wouldn't feel left out. I smiled at them and they showed me around.