Part 8 officially the first day at my new job

The familiar and gentle chime from above the wooden door announced my entrance into the coffee shop. I deeply breathed in the sweet and lovely scent of coffee and old books. It was truly a safe haven. It was warm and cozy, simply so inviting that you don't want to leave this awesome place. It's perfect for everyone who loves books, a good coffee or just wants to escape the busy world on the outside.

Evelyn's face immediately lit up when she saw me entering her shop. She came over to me and excitedly asked me how my first day went and if I made any new friends. I told her that my day was fine and interesting. I also told her that everyone was nice and welcoming towards me and that I guess that zu even made a friend, depending on how the next days or weeks went. Once we were done chitchatting I asked her what my first task of the day would be. She showed me around a bit more and explained everything to me, from the table service to cleaning up the bookshelf and finally how customer billing works.

It took me a half an hour under Evelyn's supervision to get everything but in the end I started to get the hang of it. During my first hour I served three costumers their coffees and helped a bunch of elderly ladies finding the perfect book for each of them. They were all very nice and thanked me a lot. It was so much that I started to blush after the fifth time. And I can say that I had a lot of fun looking together with them for books. I accidentally got lost looking through the shelf that I didn't realized that new costumers are swarming into the shop. I am now looking at a book that is about coping mechanisms as a trauma response. I was way too intrigued by it that I knew I had to read it and maybe it could help me with some of my problems.

A gently tapping on the shoulder brought me back to reality. It was Evelyn showing me that there are new costumers who want to get served, so I took the book with me and went behind the counter. Fortunately for me, the line wasn't even as long as I expected it to be. So I began to take everyone's orders and prepare their coffee. Most people wanted a coffee with milk and sugar or just creamer, which I thought was weird but it wasn't my place to tell, because I never really had a good cup of coffee before. At least one of them, a friendly young lady who is probably not older than 25 years old, ordered a black coffee.

"So that's where you went to so quickly after school" a familiar voice said to me. When I looked up from the counter I saw Peter standing right there. I smiled widely at him and asked what he was doing here. He started fiddling around with his hands and giggled. He told me that he comes her almost everyday after to get a coffee and sometimes he stays to read a comic, or five. He asked me if I could make him a coffee and I have time to chat a bit more.

After checking if there are any costumers left I went to Evelyn and asked her if I could take a small break. The moment she saw Peter her face lit up and she agrees happily. "That's the young costumer I told you about, so enjoy your break and have fun" she winks at me with a smile. She then offered me to get myself a coffee which I gratefully accepted. I never had a proper coffee so all I knew was the horrible black coffee a few years back, but black colored water with literally no flavor fits way better. I thanked her, went behind the counter to the coffee machine and waited patiently for the coffee to be ready.

Peter and I both sat down with our individual coffee right next to a book shelf into two extremely fluffy chairs. I sank down in it a little bit and it was like sitting on a cloud which was really nice. Be both agreed on that part and soon we chatted about god knows what. I could already tell that he was excited when it comes to science and Star Wars from the way the starts bouncing up and down in his seat. Also on his face his smile grew bigger and bigger with every moment he explained Star Wars to me. It actually sounds pretty fun the way he talked about the characters and the plot twist, but the fact that I know nothing about it seems to be a shock for him. He playfully scoffed at me and almost screamed "no way you have got to be kidding me! You seriously don't know anything about the most impressive masterpiece of all time movie history"

I just giggled at his sudden exclamation and took a sip of my coffee. It was a hot and dark and the essential taste was heavenly. It sends my tastebuds straight into ecstasy, the earthy-richness was awakening the senses like a well-choreographed like a bitter sweet symphony. A warm feeling along with a gently tingling sensation spread through my body all the way down my throat into my stomach. My eyes lit up and I told Peter that he is right, this coffee is truly special. We talked a bit longer, discussing the school and the plans, well his plan for the upcoming weekend.

We were having a funny conversation when just as a matter of fact Evelyn came over and mentioned that I needed to get back to work. I said goodbye to Peter, finished off my remaining coffee and went back to serving costumers. While I was working I saw him getting up, also finishing his coffee and giving me the mug back. Before he went out he asked me if I wanted to go together with him to school tomorrow, to which I happily agreed.