Forty-nine. Osamu

Okay I was not expecting this. I was expecting screams of anger and to most likely be chased out of the apartment by Chuuya, most likely trying to murder me.

But here I was on his apartment floor being hugged by him as if I was his last lifeline.

I didn't dare to move, I'd missed this so much. The comfort Chuuya gave me was something no one else had ever been able to give. Yes, Kunikida did give me comfort in some of the dark days I had, however I always saw that as a brotherly kind of love he gave me. Never the kind of love Chuuya had given me, a love that I hoped he would continue to give me once I finally gave him an explanation.

I imagined I had a couple of hours with Chuuya alone before Atsushi returned with Kyouka. I was grateful the pair of them had left, it made it much easier to come see him.

His hair had grown a lot since I'd last seen him, it was a lot longer. Although he currently had it half tied up in a bun I could tell it. It's funny, I used to love running my fingers through his fiery locks. He said that if I didn't stop he'd cut his hair short like when we'd first met.

The little hypocrite.

I'd also noticed he hadn't grown a lot in these four years, he really lived up to the nickname Chibi. I was kinda glad, if he'd shot up and ended up taller than me I don't think I'd have ever gotten used to it.

He tightened his grip around me for a second, I think he feared me disappearing if he let go. I slowly began to move my hand towards his head. Ever so slowly lowered my hand onto his head. He jolted at the contact, he slowly moved his head upwards so his eyes locked with mine. Had it really been four years since I'd last looked at his eyes?

How many tears had he cried when he'd found out about my death? How many tears had he cried for someone as foolish as myself? How many better, more capable people had he seen with these eyes, but tossed them aside because he couldn't forget about me? How many sleepless nights had he suffered because I wasn't there to silence Arahabaki?

I slowly forced us to sit upright, Chuuya still clinging to my torso but keeping his eyes locked with mine. I couldn't take it, the sadness, the hope... It was all too much for me to bear.

"I'm sorry..." I muttered as I buried my head into the crook of his neck. The soft auburn locks tickled against my face as I had from his eyes, his eyes that said a thousand words. That asked a thousand questions. Questions I couldn't bear to face, but I'd have to. I owed him a lot more than anything I could ever give.

We both sat there within the comfort of one another for half an hour before Chuuya slowly began to release the grip he had on me.

"Let me make you a coffee." He stated as he crawled to his feet and began to make his way to the kitchen, I followed soon after. Still unsure of what I should say.

Four years. It had been four years without contact, I wasn't the same person I was four years ago. And I very much doubt Chuuya was as well.

As he began to pour the water into the two cups I took my coat off and hung it on the nearby coat rack. His own black coat hung there as well, it reminded me of my own from all those years back. Although mine had been turned to ash years back. I remember how relieved I was once I'd destroyed it, it was a symbol of being part of the Mafia, of being Mori's. Granted my blood was still Mafia black, I couldn't undo the actions I'd done. I couldn't bring back the people I'd killed, but I knew that I'd help people after I'd burnt that coat. I'd promised Odasaku that I would. And thankfully I did.

Chuuya placed the two cups on the small coffee table that was near the sofa in the main living space.

"Come sit." He offered a seat next to him, I sat on the opposite side of the sofa. Leaving quite a large gap between us.