Thirty-nine. Osamu

Knock! Knock! Knock!

What was that noise?

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Was somebody at the door?

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Whoever it is can wait, my head kills. Maybe all that alcohol last night wasn't a good idea.

"DAZAI! IT IS TWELVE! WHY ARE YOU NOT AT THE AGENCY!" Oh what's his name... I think he was blonde...

"Dazai if you don't hurry up and get out here I will break down the door!" He can break it down for all I care. It's not like I own this place.

Silence...

Then a single footstep, followed by another.

OH MY GOD HE WAS ACTUALLY GONNA DO IT!?

I quickly pulled myself from the floor and opened the door in time to be greeted by Kunikida who looked to be ready to kill me.

~

"Okay, would you please explain to me why there are empty bottles of alcohol strewn about your apartment?" I turned to look at the disaster that was my apartment. The blinds had previously been shut until Kunikida had opened them and gave me a better view on how messy I'd let this place get.

If this was Chuuya's place he...

Stop thinking about him. He's Mafia your Agency. Your enemies now, nothing more.

"I drank them." I admitted while sipping a cup of milk I'd poured myself. I was praying the coldness would soothe the migraine I had from the hangover. I should probably buy myself some medicine for next time. Actually that's a bad idea in case I relapse.

"So you've been here for about a week and managed to drink who knows how much alcohol in that time?" I gave a light laugh at his words. He thought this was a week's worth?

Oh right, I technically was only able to start drinking alcohol a few months back.

"What's so funny?" Kunikida questioned as he began to pick the various bottles up and throw them in a bag which had been discarded on a table somewhere.

"Oh nothing." I began to kick my legs as I sat on the kitchen counter sipping at the milk. We were both in silence for a while, the only noise being Kunikida cleaning up. When he was done he settled the bag on the table.

"Dazai?" He questioned, he had his back turned to me so I had no idea what his face looked like. I placed my empty cup in the sink before answering.

"Yes Kunikida?" He turned to me and he had a box cutter in hand. I'd forgotten to clean it and put it away last time I'd used it, and the evidence left on the blade would be a concerning find for anyone.

"Why is there blood on this?" I shrugged my shoulders in response to his question, I wasn't in the mood to deal with this right now. I had somewhere I needed to be right now, and preferably before someone else got there first.

"Dazai, you didn't stab anyone with this did you?" I nodded my head, he was probably assuming I'd stabbed someone when I'd been drunk last night. He was right, just the person in question he'd probably get wrong.

"Right, I'll be back." With that Kunikida left the apartment with the blade in hand. This wasn't going to end well for me later but right now I had other priorities.

I quickly changed my set of clothes to a more casual set instead of my typical attire, swapped my bandages, I didn't want the wounds to get infected. The pain last time is something I wouldn't like to go through again. Once dressed I quickly left the apartments and headed towards the nearest flower store I could find.