Seventeen. Ryuunosuke

What just happened!?

Dazai woke up and stepped out of his bed, Chuuya had rushed over to check if he was okay but in response Dazai began to strangle him and almost suffocate him. Then he began screaming at me to kill him!

I didn't have time to think things further as Chuuya was making choking sounds as if he was struggling to breathe.

"Chuuya! Breathe!" I shouted, I wasn't sure why as it wasn't helping the situation. I shoved Dazai off of Chuuya's body, that might help slightly. I quickly raced to the hallway and screamed for help in hopes someone would hear, I began to hear the quick patter of footsteps and was greeted with the sight I thought I'd never see again.

"Gin..." I muttered as her face came into a clearer light. It was her, my sister was unmistakable. Before my mind got side tracked again at the sight of her I began to shout on what had transpired.

"You go find a doctor," She began to point to various Mafia members who had followed her when they heard myself shouting. "You go fetch Kouyou. Two of you follow me while the rest of you assure the others everything is under control." She began to race towards me and quickly made her way inside, dragging me with her.

"Where do they keep oxygen masks?" She questioned one of the members who raced towards a cupboard and threw it open showing a variety of oxygen masks. She easily caught it and strapped it around Chuuya's face who was starting to grow pale.

"Ryu, get me the oxygen. Now!" I easily moved the oxygen device which was beside Dazai's bed as they had put him on oxygen for a period of time in fear of his breathing weakening.

Everyone slowly began to relax as Chuuya seemed to be breathing slightly better as the machine was running, Dazai was still face planted against the ground. We didn't dare move Chuuya incase we injured him more.

The doctors finally arrived not too long later and ushered us all out. They wouldn't give us an answer on what would happen to the pair.

"Gin I-"

"Don't. Just don't." She snapped and began to storm away.  I stretched a hand out to try and grab at her sleeve but she slipped through my grasp.

Gin...

What did I do...

~

"Thank you for the report Akutagawa, I will go through it in depth later. However, I would like to be informed on what happened in the infirmary earlier. It seems no one has a complete story on what transpired. The only thing each witness mentioned was that you were at the scene before everyone else." I nodded in agreement to Mori's words before I began to relay the events that had occurred earlier in the day.

"I understand, and you were left unharmed?" I nodded, not sure why he was so concerned about my health. Just then the doors burst open to reveal Kouyou with a look of displeasure on her face.

"I swear I will kill that boy of yours." She snapped at the boss who seemed to smirk in amusement.

"But you won't. Otherwise that mystery woman you have been communicating with may not remain a mystery for much longer." He smirked at Kouyou who dropped her anger immediately at the mention of this mystery woman.

"Now that's all sorted with, I suggest the three of us begin to investigate this mysterious individual Chuuya was searching for." I immediately began to pay attention to his words. Despite wanting to locate Gin again after she disappeared I knew that she was angry at me for an unknown reason, and that time apart would be the best approach. Kouyou nodded at the boss as well, and she settled herself at a seat nearby to Mori. There was another seat which Mori gestured for me to sit in. It felt very wrong to be sat between the Boss of the Port Mafia and one of the executives.

Kouyou reached into her kimono and pulled out a file which had a variety of hand written notes inside. Certain notes described themselves, including their abilities. Mori grabbed at a small photo which looked to be of an individual with silver hair, he stared at it for a few seconds before hiding it away in his coat. I ignored his actions, I had no reason to question the Boss's actions.

"What Chuuya had informed me of was a hidden room. It was at an apartment where the suspect was hiding out for an unknown period of time." She gestured to the notes.

"These were stored in a concealed secret room within the apartment. However, the apartment had been rigged with explosives and killed six of our men. Chuuya managed to escape with these, I imagine anything else had been destroyed or was something Chuuya was already aware of. Which isn't very beneficial at this moment." I nodded in understanding picking up a note which had a photo of myself, I could take a guess of when it was taken. But the notes accompanying it made me concerned. I could see there was a small hole on the photo of myself as well, when I dug through the file which had initially held all the notes I realised there was a piece of red string stuck inside which was linked to another image.

As I pulled it out I felt a sinking feeling. A woman in a flowy white dress, beautiful inky black hair. I didn't think I'd ever see her in such a pretty dress again. It suited her so well as well, mother would have been proud that she took after her beauty. But why, why did they have to involve my sister?

"Akutagawa, are you aware of the woman in that photo?" Kouyou questioned, she wasn't aware of the three of us arriving together.

"My sister, this is my sister. Gin Akutagawa." Mori hummed in agreement at my words.

"The Gin who works within the Black Lizard I presume. She has great promise to be one of the leaders within it someday." I felt slightly happy knowing that Gin was doing well within the Mafia, but quickly shoved that aside.

"I was unaware she was part of a unit. But why would she be involved in all of this? She does not have an ability to my knowledge, I was the one to inherit when..." I trailed off my words. Now wasn't the time to bring that up.

"True, she does lack an ability and shows no traits for manifesting an ability in the future. However, she does hold one key factor." I raised an eyebrow in questioning at the Boss's words.

"She is close with yourself and young Atsushi, who in turn are connected with Chuuya and Osamu. Who are also connected to myself and Kouyou here." As he explained it things started to add up. Everything led back to being connected to someone higher up in the Mafia. Someone who had a lot of power. And with Dazai being known as the infamous 'Demon Prodigy', Chuuya being known as the most powerful ability user, Nakajima being known as 'Lucifer' and the famous 'Sōkoku'. All powerful individuals within the underground world. All taken out, one by one.

"So this individual hopes to bring us down, nothing we haven't dealt with before." Kouyou spoke in a calm tone, her eyes still focused on the new note I had discovered.

"Have they ever made this much progress before though?" I questioned, it made sense we'd been attacked before. But we hadn't even laid eyes on this man, yet he'd simultaneously taken out the three of the Mafia's most powerful individuals.

"No. They've always been snuffed out before major damage had been dealt." I could see Mori was slightly concerned at where we currently stood. However, before we pondered any further there was a knock at the office door.

"Boss. May I come in?" It was Nakajima.