Epilogue | Destined

*Now playing - Nobody's Business by Rihanna (ft. Chris Brown)*

One Year Later (Jisung's POV)
I was so utterly in love with him. I have always found myself looking at him, especially in these moments. His big brown eyes look around—occasionally giving strangers small smiles as we walk.

The cold makes his nose and cheeks a deep shape of pink and his eyes sparkle, pulling me closer to a food truck that catches his eyes "I want a pretzel" He drags me along and I go willingly with a chuckle.

My thumb grazes the ring on his finger and I smile, Minho looks at me with furrowed brows as we wait in line "What?"

I shake my head "I love you"

Minho looks away shyly "I love you too"

I let his hand go and sling my arm around his shoulder, pulling him into me and leaning closer to his ear "I can't wait to marry you"

Minho pulls away with a giggle "If it was up to you we would just go elope"

I shrug "Sounds good to me"

Minho sighs "Baby..." He whines and I smile, taking his cold hand in mine again.

"I'm kidding, I know how much you've been planning. It will be perfect" I give his temple a small peck and he leans his head on my shoulder.

"A late spring—early summer wedding is the best time" Minho expressed. Minho was so happy at Changbin's and Felix's wedding, the light in his eyes the whole night was bright and I knew he was mentally impatient for his own.

The cold surrounded us and it hadn't fully kicked in that in a few months we would be married. Minho and I had a full life of pushing and pulling. One step forward, three steps back but finally know we walked at the same pace and with our hands intertwined.

Minho stumbles a bit "Guys, Guys, Guys" Devany's voice fills our ears. She was excitedly shoving a stuffed panda in Minho's face "Look what I won"

I chuckle and look towards her mom who walks up to us. Her mom got released two months ago and we invited her to stay with us until she found her own place. I offered to help and she refused but soon gave in because it wasn't the easiest to find places and luckily the family down the block recently moved out. I was a giver, I realize that a lot now. I liked to help people who needed it because there was a time when I needed it.

Dev has officially moved out of our house a few weeks ago and the house felt quiet. The cats were naturally quiet unlike having a dog so that's that. Dev made it so much more warm and... family-like.

I have always refused having kids and it wasn't because I didn't want them. Who doesn't want a family of their own? I wanted them. I wanted to be a dad but damn was that such a scary fucking thing. The fear of failing them was something I couldn't escape. It was a terrifying thought that ate at me constantly, more now when I noticed how Minho also felt the same about Devany and her mom moving out.

He wanted a family and I know he would settle for not having one if it meant being with me but that made me guilty. I would watch Minho smile at the mere sight of a happy family or kid in general. He wanted that and so did I, I wanted a family with him. I wanted to have the house filled with little ones but I was scared. If it wasn't one thing I was scared of it was another.

We have a kid and then I get the fear of losing them just like I'm so fucking scared of losing Minho. Of them possibly knowing what I used to do for a living and the blood on my hands and looking at me like I was a monster. The thought sent chills down my spine.

"Not even Jisung could win one of these suckers" Dev hugs the panda and I glare playfully at her.

"After Minho gets his pretzel, I'm winning you in all the games kid"