43 | His Mind And His Body

*Now playing - Cover Me in
Roses by Holden Laurence*

"So, what do you think?"

My eyes finished wandering the room, trying to force a smile away as I said "The last three were beautiful"

"But?"

I bite at my bottom lip and walk to the window that looks out to the backyard, "This one feels like home"

I felt Jisung behind me before he wrapped his arms around my waist and laid his chin to rest on my shoulder "You are my home, darling" I let my eyes close as I placed my arms over Jisung's, letting myself soak up this moment. "This is the one?" He asks.

I nod, opening my eyes and turning around to look at him. I wrap my arms around his neck before giving him a small peck, "Yes, this is the one"

When I told Jisung about Devany and her situation—how I wanted to help her, Jisung offered his help as well. The next morning I told Dev and she was hesitant for a moment but I think what made her give in was the help we could get for her mom.

It was a back-and-forth thing for about a week before her mom gave in and we had lunch with her, this is where she shared her struggle with Jisung and me. We had promised to take care of Devany while she was there for a few months and she was thankful for that and for the help.

Now we just needed a place. I mentioned to Jisung how we didn't need to get a brand new home and I could make it work somehow but he insisted. Telling me that he didn't only want to buy a home for this situation but for us. Our forever home.

I walked through the house once more, visualizing the time we would spend here and all the holidays that we would decorate for. I couldn't stop myself from hoping to see a little one run around these halls, filling the house with loud laughter and joy.

"Ready to go?" I look to Jisung who steps to the front door. I nod and walk to him he holds out his hand for me to hold, and I take it "Let's get dinner to celebrate"

I look at him as we walk out of the house "At our place?"

Our place. My place, his place. The restaurant was technically mine but to me, I just see it as ours. It was the place where he first told me he loved me, it was also the place where I first saw him again after everything that happened.

Jisung smiles before turning to me, "Your place, darling" He corrects, letting my hand go and opening the passenger door for me.

I roll my eyes playfully, "Ours" I said before getting into the car and closing the door. I heard his laughter as I did so.

I watched as he shook his head with a smile on his face. I loved this man with my whole heart. I watched as he walked to the driver's side, getting in.

"Stubborn, that's what you are" He jokingly says but now I wanted to play.

"Really?" I said, sounding surprised "I thought I was yours?"

Jisung looks at me like he wants to devour me as he hums lightly, "You need to behave darling" He warns me.

I lean closer to him, whispering in his ear "But you make do bad things" My hand finds his thigh and I slide it up slowly.

I place a kiss under his ear, ready to take this a bit further but the sound of a phone ringing loudly made my hand come to a stop.

I whine and sit back, Jisung letting out a breathy chuckle before answering "You might've just added yourself to Minho's death list"

-

Over dinner, I held back the urge to pull him to the restroom and take him into my mouth. I don't know what it was but he held a lot of confidence today, just like he used to. He walked with his head held high and he didn't stray away—he was just an open book with me and that was everything to me.