05 | Sidekick

*Now playing - You're On
Your Own, Kid by Taylor Swift*

Flashback
The bright lights shine down on the field, the crowd was loud just like any other game. I sat there, bored and moping to Jisung that I wanted to leave.

I wasn't into football but Jisung was dragged here by Seungmin and Seungmin was dragged here by Jeongin, I'm here because well, Jisung.

He had promised that we would hang out at his house earlier today but we didn't make it, once we were walking out of the school Seungmin came running to us and told him to join them.

I sigh loudly, making Jisung look at me "What's wrong now?"

"I'm hungry"

Jisung looks around and back to be "I can go get you something from the concession"

I nod and told him everything I wanted and he smiled and nodded to my every word, getting up and walking down the bleachers. "Where is he going?" Seungmin questioned.

"To get me snacks, duh" My focus was back on the game, my eyes only followed the ball but I had no idea what was going on.

A few minutes pass and I grew impatient, standing up and walking down the bleachers because Jisung never returned with my snacks and with himself. "He is such a kid, probably getting fucking lost—" I stop as I walk to the concession, hearing voices under the bleachers.

I grew curious and walked closer to them to see Jisung standing with some boys and laughing loudly. I walk to them and that's when I smelt the throng stench of weed. "Jisung, what the fuck? I was waiting for my snacks"

Their attention was now on me. "Minho, good to see Jisung's little sidekick came to join us"

I scoff "I'm nobody's sidekick, if anything he's mine and you'd seen my dead body in a ditch somewhere before anyone would ever see me hanging around you two" I motion to the two jocks.

They chuckle as they were high so they found a lot of shit funny. Jisung, on the other hand, stared at me and I look at him "My snacks, where are they?" I didn't give a shit about my snacks but in the moment I had to seem like I did.

"Hey, kids!" We all snap our heads to see security walking toward us.

"Shit!" I heard one of the boys say "We have to get out of here or they'll suspend us" They ran and I look at Jisung and grab his hand, running in the opposite direction and pulling a high Jisung along with me.

We run out of the football field and toward the field across the street, knowing nobody is following us I stop—Jisung's body colliding with mine and making us both fall into the grass.

Jisung laughs loudly and gets up. This position was too close for my liking and Jisung didn't seem to notice as he hovers over me with a large smile on his face "You saved our ass back there" he said, the smell of weed on his clothes and his eyes were red.

I push him off me and he laughs again, looking up at the sky as I sit up. "I had no choice, you were just standing there looking dumb" Jisung smiled but still he didn't look at me. "I can't believe you left me to go smoke with those loser jocks"

Jisung now looks at me "Sorry"

I look away and shrug "Whatever"

He sat up and I felt his hand on my shoulder, pushing it to look at him and I did. His eyebrows were furrowed as he said "Don't be like that"

I chuckle bitterly "How should I be?"

Jisung just looks at me before looking down and rubbing his face harshly "I want to go home, I'm tired"

I look away "Of course you do" I mumble and stand up.

"Where are you going?" I heard him ask and I look down at him.

"To finish watching the game I wasn't invited to with our friend and my brother, you can go home, I'll tell them you didn't feel well," I said before walking away from the boy.

This wasn't the first time he had run off and done stupid shit, it was what he did. I should be used to it, always having to save his ass but I was stupid to think he would suddenly realize that this wouldn't get him anywhere.

As I get back to the bleacher they look at me "Where's Jisung?" Jeongin asks.

I look at my little brother and said "He felt sick, I told him to go home to rest" he believed me, nodding and looking back to the game. I felt Seungmin's eyes on me and I look at him briefly before looking away and to the game.

-

I groan and sit up from my bed, rubbing my tired eyes as I hear my phone stop ringing. It wasn't long before my loud ringtone was heard through my quiet dark room.

I grab my phone and answer immediately to stop the noise. "Hello" I spoke harshly as I was just woken up from my beauty sleep.

"Minho" I heard Jisungs voice over the phone and subconsciously I sorted up at his tired voice. "I'm sorry"

I swallow harshly and lay down on my back, staring into the darkness "You already apologized"

"I know" He sounded like he also just woke up "But you waited for me and I left you to get high"

"It's fine, don't worry about it"

"I can't stop thinking about it" He whispered into the phone, there was no way he was still high. Now he was just tired and most likely trying to stay up. "I shouldn't have done that, you're my best friend"

I bite at my bottom lip and nod "I am" I said because it was true. I was his best friend and he was mine. "Jisung" I hesitated, sitting up in my bed.

"Yes?"

I shake my head and say "Get some rest, I'll see you tomorrow" and I hung up. What I wanted to tell him was how much I wish wasn't just his friend. I hesitated every time I was close to saying it but I never did.

I was scared it could ruin everything, everything we had. Maybe it was best if we stayed friends, I can have him around forever. I'll continue to push my feelings aside and welcome his, the ones where he would tell me all about his liking for girls. At least I had him, a part of him.

*Now playing - You're On
Your Own, Kid by Taylor Swift*

This song... it has me in a chokehold.

But it also reminds me a lot of this Minho:(