39 | You Are Family

*Now playing - We Go Down
Together by Dove Cameron , Khalid*

Last night was something I couldn't keep from Felix. It wasn't because I had a loud mouth but because Jisung littered my neck with marks that it was impossible to hide.

He looked at me like I was some whore he was proud of, but then he was confused because he assumed they were from Luca and I was supposed to break things off with him. So, I had to admit my night with Jisung, and that made him more confused because of the girlfriend who wasn't actually the girlfriend...

The conversation was so much for him that we came back to my place and filled our system with expensive wine as I poured out my feelings to him.

Now we sit in silence as the alcohol washes over us, the sound of the late-night traffic surrounds the apartment as the window is open to bring us fresh air.

I look over to Felix and he was nearly passing out, he drank more than me and was about to be snoring if Changbin didn't hurry his ass up.

As I was about to call him again, a knock was heard. "Come in" I yell, making Felix groan and cover his ears.

"Didn't Jisung teach you to never leave your door locked, especially when you're drunk?" Changbin tells me as he walks in.

I squint my eyes "Yes but I don't listen"

"That's how you die" He walks to Felix who is now fast asleep. Changbin sighs with a soft smile on his face.

"Stop staring at him and get him to bed," I said and Changbin chuckled.

Before he picks Felix up he looks at me and says "Jisung isn't the same person he was when he left and definitely not the same kid you met when you two were young" I furrow my brows, and before I can question him he continues "But that isn't a bad thing, Minho"

"He told you about last night?" I felt my cheeks heat up.

Changbin nods "Not that I could stop him, he ranted and ranted about how he needs to not get this wrong again" I bite at my bottom lip to keep myself from smiling. "He never means to hurt you, he's just trying to navigate a normal life just like the rest of us"

"I know" I responded softly.

Changbin let's put a small sigh "A little shove is good sometimes"

"What do you mean?" I question.

Changbin looked towards the two boxes that still sat at the corner of my apartment, they were filled with a lot of Jisung's things that he had in his living room apartment and I still never looked through them.

But that's not what he was looking at, it was the folder that sat on top of the boxes.

"I'm going to take Felix home now," Changbin says before hurrying off. My eyes remain on the folder.

When I saw Jisung for the first time since his disappearance, the night I had a breakdown at the shop—Chan and Changbin couldn't believe their eyes when they saw the footage and that's when they dug for information on Jisung and his whereabouts.

They gave me this folder with everything but I never bothered to look because Jisung showed up on his own and so I had no reason to.

I get up slowly and walk to the folder, my fingers gliding along the edges before opening it. The first thing my eyes landed on was an address.

I bit on my lip and contemplated my next move. I missed him and I could call him to come over but I also didn't want him to come all the way here for me like last night.