07 | Familiarity 

The cold air surrounds me, in a hurry, I put the key into the lock and unlock the shop door. Walking in and closing it behind me.

It was still dark out, I figured I would come in early to get some stuff done instead of laying down staring at the empty left side of the bed-thats another a habit i've gained.

I go to sleep late and woke up before the sun made its appearance. I would lie down and just stare off into the darkness. I never mean to but I always leave that side empty, it somehow felt wrong to fill it but hurts to see it abandoned.

I shop was warm, not hot but a good temperature when compared to the cold and breezy weather outside. I walk to the back and shrug off my jacket before hanging it up. Turning on the lights and walking back to the front, my eyes going to the front counter.

Chills ran down my spine when I see flowers sitting there. It wasn't odd to see flowers left out, Dev usually was the one who forgot to put them up but these weren't ours.

I walk up to the counter and my eyes look over them. We didn't order such flowers, mostly because these were wild-grown out in fields but not fields around here. They had a familiarity to them.

I swallow harshly and pick out the note "Happy late New Year" it says and I frown.

I put the note down and walk away, leaving them off the counter as I begin to do my work for the day.

-

The door chimes and I look up "Look who's on time for once"

Devany smiles at me "I told you my new year's resolution was to start being on time"

I chuckle and nod, looking back down to the papers and continuing to write down orders. "You did but I didn't believe you"

"I am a woman of truth" I snort and stand up straight, finishing and looking at her as she looks at the flowers still on the counter and I'm in the same spot. "Like them?" I furrow my brows.

"Um-yeah there beautiful," I said, "Why?"

She looks at me and smiles "There for you, Minho"

I look back at the flowers "Oh" I said, something roams my stomach. Butterflies? Nerves? I wasn't sure.

"He was quite handsome" I look at her and she nods, taking off her coat.

"how'd he look?"

"Dark hair, very polite... um-he dressed nice, probably has money" She shrugs.

That sounds exactly like Luca... Weird.

I bite at my bottom lip "Seems you know who I'm talking about"

I sigh "Maybe, but I don't know why he would get me flowers"

"Because he likes you?"

I chuckle and shake my head "No, we're only friends. That's what I told him"

"You friend-zoned him?!" She practically shouted and I cover my ears. "Why, you could become his sugar baby?"

I grimace "I don't need to become anybody's sugar baby Dev" I cross my arms

"Right, your loaded I forget sometimes"

I frown "I'm not loaded"

She rolls her eyes "Yeah and I'm the queen"

I chuckle and shake my head, picking up the papers on the counter and hitting her head playfully before walking to the back.

I put the papers in a folder and before going back to the front of the shop I pulled out my phone and texted Luca.