"It's an occasion Bonita, it's fine." Alexia tried to hand me the wine again but again I refused.

"Too bad." Maria shook her head and that was enough to make me cave.

"Give me that wine." I snatched my glass out of Alexia's hands and took a big gulp of it. Alexia snickered at the scene playing out in front of her.

"I could get used to abuela Maria." The woman pouted at me.

"Abuela Maria?!" I looked at her again in shock, trying to figure out if I had heard it correctly and I did.

"Abuela means gra-," Maria started to explain but I cut her off before she could finish, "I know what it means. No! We've only been dating for like two months."

"Si, and who's fault is that? If you weren't too stubborn, you could have been dating for a few months by now. I'm not getting any younger." Maria sassed back, disagreeing with my statement.

"I'm not stubborn." I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Yes you are." Alexia laughed, causing me to glare at the brunette, who's laugh only turned into a sheepish smile. One that took my breath away each time.

"Oh please, I knew you were hopelessly in love with her the day we met." Maria scoffed. I looked at her in shock and slight embarrassment but Alexia was very intrigued now.

"Was she now?" Her focus immediately shifted from Maria to me, a smirk evident on her face. No doubt she was feeling good about herself right about now and I wouldn't hear the end of it.

"Stop gloating." I accusingly pointed at my girlfriend, who's hands shot up in surrender, before I turned back to look at Maria. "Is it 'let's bully Ellie' day? What happened to the loving and caring you?"

"I'm still loving and caring hija, I'm just getting my revenge on you for staying away that long." Maria so casually said while taking a sip of her wine.

This caused Alexia to burst out laughing, finding it incredibly amusing how easy it was for the old lady to raddle me up. I simply rolled my eyes at the two of them, I was gonna be in for a long night.

"I'll get the appetizers." I breathed out, getting up and making my way to the kitchen. Maria softly laughed and shook her head amused but nevertheless she gestured for Alexia to go check on me, although the midfielder didn't need the sign, she was already after me.

"Hermosa, breath." She snaked her arms around me while I was adding the finishing touches on the appetizers. "It's going great. Besides, what could go wrong?" She spun me around and forced me to look at her.

She had this glint in her eyes, with a loving gaze she looked at me and gently leaned in to give me a soft kiss. Unlike the kiss we shared before Maria arrived, this one was soft, loving. It effectively calmed me down and a small smile grew against her lips.

The moment soon got ruined by a knock on the door. Alexia and I pulled away and looked at each other confused. We weren't expecting anyone else.

Alexia went to open the door while I took the appetizers and carried them inside, offering Maria one. A few seconds later Alexia walked back in with a sheepish look on her face, but the thing that really caught my eye was that she wasn't alone.

"You had to ask, didn't you?" I deadpanned at my girlfriend with the tray of appetizers still in my hand.

"Maria!" Mapi rushed past Alexia in order to greet the old lady on my couch. Leila immediately followed after the defender when she noticed Maria.

"Hola Mapi, Leila, nice to see the two of you again." Maria chuckled and got up so she could properly greet the duo.

I stood rooted to my spot, shocked with the presence of the two, but that didn't stop them from making themselves at home, to the contrary, they didn't even notice.