XLII

Stefan nervously walked over to the newly built home that Damon and Anna had bought before knocking on the door

Stefan nervously walked over to the newly built home that Damon and Anna had bought before knocking on the door. Opening the door was a young girl who smelled a bit strange "Does Damon Salvatore live here" Then the young girl blinked before tilting her head and mumbling a few curses "Aunt Anna, Uncle Damon there is a man here to see you".

His soon-to-be sister-in-law walked up to the girl and smiled "Thanks Davina why don't you go and finish let Nazneen tutor you" He watched as the young girl well witch left his sight. Anna's wide smile dropped, and her eyes narrowed once the young girl left "What do you want Stefan?" He watched her with mild annoyance and rolled his eyes "I'm here to speak to Damon".

Anna opened her mouth to speak when she froze, and her gaze drifted before she started laughing "My husband wants nothing to do with you after you decided to cause more trouble. We know all about your missing girlfriend if you want to find her ask that ancestor of hers" No sooner had she finished her little speech did he slammed the door in his face. 

Stefan frowned and turned away making his way over to the town square. Elena had not been answering his calls and was not anywhere to be found. He was worried that the Mikaelsons had once again taken her suddenly he froze sitting with a man in front of the grill was Elena.

He quickly rushed over hoping to find out who this man was and why Elena was ignoring him "Elena why haven't you answered your phone I have been calling for over..." he trailed off when he saw the man in front of her and stared in horror at his mirror image. The girl however pulled her hand away and moved closer to his doppelganger "My name is Amara" She and the man clung to each other while his mystery twin glared.

Suddenly the history lesson he had been given months ago popped into his head "If you're Amara then I'm guessing your Silas. Aren't you both supposed to be dead" The immortal couple looked at the younger Salvatore and then laughed Amara's doe eyes filled with mischief and hatred "You wear his face but do not have his aura a doppelganger without much presence, our immortality was not a lie however the young doppelganger girl you stole from her match has traded places with me. After all, she upset the higher beings".

Stefan watched her as the feeling of dread grew and Silas smirked "Yes, your Elena is now the Anchor to the other side. You will get her back in a few years" The couple smirked at him and then left the ripper in his anguish.

Elena watched on with sad eyes as her boyfriend stood alone in front of the grill, Bonnie laughed as the girl cried for him. Near Bonnie was a woman she did not recognise "Amara betrayed me, but she never attempted to kill me or my family you have a face and have attacked our clan you are now a fair trade".

Bonnie stared at Elena with a knowing look before grinning "We have you trapped as you slowly go crazy while we use your precious blood what a fair punishment for going after my mate and the best part is nobody can find you or take you from here once my family lives." There was no mention that the Bennetts were the true immortals. The fear in Elena's eyes made both women grin with joy before they left. Bonnie wondered how long it would take Stefan to come to them for help.

But something told her that he wouldn't need to after he got out of his daze because he now knew that not only was he really a doppelganger but his affection for Elena was induced by magic. All men hated being manipulated into being with someone against their will but as a vampire with heightened emotions not only would he hate the magic behind it he would hate Elena.

With Silas and Amara free and Qetsiyah releasing them of her 5000-year grudge the doppelganger attraction spell was fading. If two doppelgangers did meet and happened to fall in love then nature would ensure that they stayed mortal. Katerina would be the last immortal doppelganger. 

She and Amara both agreed to act like twins and Matt and Caroline with Elijah's help set up a whole life for them now both women could be in the same place at once. As for Mystic Falls well Bonnie had some help from Liz who happily allowed a document to be seen by the town's biggest gossip.

Now everyone knew that John Gilbert and Isobel Flemmings had a daughter that they gave to his brother, but she was of a set of triplets the other two had been sent to Isabel's godmother who raised them with care Katerina and Amara Petrova. While both women were gilberts, they had taken on their adoptive mother's maiden name.

 Many in the town celebrated that one of their founding families that they were worried about now had two more stable additions. Of course, many had met Amara and her fiancé Silas who was Stefan's older twin brother, and they instantly adored the charming couple.

Katerina often seen with Caroline and Bonnie was a fun, mischievous girl that they all grew to adore. Yet no one asked the girls about Elena after all they all heard about how she ran away from home after being disciplined for harassing Damon Salvatore and his fiancé without remorse. They had all seen the girl call Anna a blood-sucking demon before throwing a cup filled with ginger leftovers in the girl's face.

Turns out Anna was allergic to ginger, and Damon luckily had an EpiPen on hand. Unknown to the town's people it was really Katherine and the two vampires setting up a public falling out plus a reason for the town to alienate Elena.

Bonnie smiled widely and looked around the room everything was packed, and her acceptance letter was in her hand. Klaus and Kol stood behind her with bright smiles. "Let's go, love". It took her only a few minutes to magically seal the house. As she got in the car she glanced back at the house and smiled "Goodbye Mystic Falls"

New Orleans would be a wonderful change for their family. Her younger cousins and their partners were staying at her Grams house until they all graduated from high school but for now, she, her mates and other family members needed to be free of the town.