VIII

Turning Caroline into a witch was a choice that Bonnie would never regret. The two had planned everything in detail. Shelia stood by as an observer it would be the first time in history that a witch would be made and not born.

She watched as the circle was drawn and Bonnie placed each of the elements around her friend. They were so young and free as the two shared bright smiles. Then the moon reached its highest and it seemed to shine down on them with a quick glance to her gran and a smile Bonnie began chanting.

To her surprise nature did not fight her at all it accepted her call but there was a condition. Caroline would eventually become a vampire so for now nature made her a siphon. When the time was right she would become a heretic. Bonnie smiled and was ready to stop chanting when she felt Bennett magic accompanied by the feeling of darkness Cade and Ayana did not intend for Caroline to die as they saw her bond with the young Bennett witch do they added a small contingency plan.

The three women gasped as they understood exactly what the two had done for them when the time came Caroline would be turned but not into the vampire they had assumed she would be.

As the ritual ended the three looked at the vials in their hands and smiled the Bennett's took care of their own and this officially made it clear that Caroline was one of theirs through her loyalty to Bonnie.

As the three witches made their way home Damon Salvatore was standing in the middle of a destroyed sitting room. The love of his life was dead killed by a clueless Bennett witch.

As he emptied another bottle of bourbon his brother watched with concern. He knew that he and his brother had been estranged for a while but Damon was still his brother. Walking forward he pulled his brother into the hug to his surprise Damon did not push away.

He held on to his crying brother as he slumped against him as he lowered them to the floor he whispered small words of comfort. Eventually, Damon stopped crying and was silent he felt calmer and a bit surprised that Stefan comforted him without even asking what was wrong.

Turning he spoke "Bonnie opened the tomb " he watched as Stefan tensed before continuing "She set the inside on fire what you don't know is that Katherine was still in there"

Those words caused Stefan to stumble he knew that Bonnie was a Bennett witch but this was a huge shock. The girl and her group obviously did not like him but this was different she had killed them.

Just when he thought things could not get any worse. The door was opened and in walked Bonnie who had a smile on her face as she looked at the two Salvatore brothers.

"So you're crying over kitty kat huh" The almost pleased and smug tone in her voice may have worried Stefan but it pissed Damon off.

He got up and lunged at her only for him to fall on the ground screaming out in pain. While Bonnie stood smiling serenely as a happy Caroline skipped into the room.

"Damon there is more than one witch in this town didn't you know" The two girls tilted their heads in sync before releasing Damon from the pain he was drowning in.

As he backed away he looked at Caroline in shock he had no idea that the Forbes girl was a witch. The girl just gave him a smirk followed by a mocking wave.

Bonnie scoffed before giving Damon a once over " Your little girlfriend is alive and well Katerina Peirce has been on the run for years and still is"

Hearing this the two brothers silently watched the two witches as they exited the Salvatore home.

They felt a bit shocked as now they knew that others were ahead of them. Mystic Falls hardly had witches other than the Bennett family but now that was not the case.

The Forbes family never had witches or vampires now they had a witch who befriended a Bennett. Mystic Falls had changed in a way that neither of the brothers had expected.

The small unchanging town of Mystic Falls was slowly becoming unrecognisable to the Salvatore brothers.

~ Spain ~

Klaus Mikealson sat in his hotel room staring at his wrist. Opposite him was his younger brother who was in the same state of shock.

The symbols on their wrist told them one thing they had soulmates and from the amount of power they felt when they touched it she/he was immensely powerful.

The only problem was would their soulmate want them. The Mikealson family was not ever represented in a positive light. Most witches hated them while others just feared them. Would their mates feel the same?.

Snapping out of their shock both brothers eyed their mark with  affection "They would be the perfect target for our enemies we need to get stronger" Kol said as he traced the mark with a soft smile before meeting his older brothers eyes "It's time for us to break your curse Nik"

The two brothers share a sinister smile before starting the preparations to fly to Virginia.

~ Prison World~

Malachi Park loved the prison world he would live forever without ageing and could wait for his mate.

While his family thought they had made him miserable the Bennett family ancestors took care of him.

He would forever be indebted to the family for what they did. Shelia Bennett always Astral- projected to his stories and demonstrations of spells.

So when he got his soulmark and felt the familiar Bennett family magic he could not help but grin.

Only one Bennett had magic like that and that was the feisty, opinionated goddess by the name of Bonnie several times he had heard and seen her when Shelia appeared for her sessions.

The Siphoner could admit that he had a crush on the young witch. Her acceptance and boldness absolutely amazed him. The loyalty she had to her circle that Shelia and Emily mentioned caused him to admire her more than he would ever admit.

Having her as a soulmate made him quite happy he however was worried she would reject him.

He would just have to wait and see but in the meantime, he would be content with the comfort her magic gave him.

Sorry for the late updates guys but I'm working nearly every day and recently recovered from being ill. I hope you like the chapter. Quick explanation Kol and Elijah are both free earlier due to Klaus needing their help. Bonnie is not Kol's soulmate but twin flame.