III

When we arrive at school I start babbling about the lack of attractive guys when Caroline hugs Elena and asks me if Elena is okay, despite the fact that Elena is right there. To her annoyance, I smirk and act as if Elena isn't there before linking arms with the blonde as she rambles about some things before walking off to talk to another student.

Just like in the show Elena stops to stare at Stefans back I roll my eyes and walk off grabbing my phone I open a chat and send a message.

Stefan Salvatore is in town meaning Damon is not far vervain up.

I watch as everyone sends me a confirmation message while I wait on Jeremy who walks over to me and wraps an arm around my waist. We were not dating but being as close as we were everyone assumed that we were together so we allowed it for both our sakes. Jeremy was attractive but he was not interested in a lot of the girls around and was already too busy to be involved and I needed a reason to avoid being asked out.

We entered Mr Tanner's class together and sat in the back of the class knowing that he would avoid calling on us as we were both his best students but it was also because we wanted to observe the two lovebirds.

"Once our home state of Virginia joined the confederacy in 1861, it created a tremendous amount of tension within the state. People in Virginia's northwest region had different ideals than those from the traditional deep south. Then Virginia divided in 1863 with the northwest region joining the union."  As Tanner goes on and on Jeremy nudges me gently and tilts his head at the two doppelgangers. Like two lovebirds Elena and Stefan are exchanging flirty looks throughout the period.

I frown at them and turn to Jeremy placing my head on his shoulder I sigh and mumble about how gross it was under my breath while he chuckled softly in response. To my surprise, Stefan did not seem to hear anything due to how enchanted he was by Elena. Like a good person, I didn't shout it for the world to hear but I said it loud enough for Stefan to hear "He is looking at her like she is a meal"

Without meaning to Jeremy scoffs before looking at them and nodding "I see it"immediately the blonde stiffens and seems to be listening to us I immediately tilt my head and lower my voice before whispering in Jeremy's ear "Do you guys still have vervain in the air filters at your house?"

He smirks and straightens up a smirk on his face "Yeah we do aunt Jenna really likes the scent it reminds her of mum and dad" The tense vampire almost seems to relax when he hears it and I have to cover my mouth to prevent myself from laughing loudly. 

We both get up when the bell rings and quickly leave the class hoping to have something appealing to do since most of our friend group are doing AP classes we have similar schedules wrapping my arms around Caroline I greet the blonde and hand her a chocolate bar and gummy worms.

 "So what did you find out?" she grins and starts giving me the full rundown " His name is Stefan Salvatore. He lives with his uncle up at the old Salvatore Boarding House. He hasn't lived here since he was a kid. Military family, so they moved around a lot. He's a Gemini, and his favourite colour is blue."

I raise an eyebrow "How long did that take you to get?" she smirks and tilts her head towards Jeremy holding out her hand "Between fourth and fifth period" he sighs and gives her two twenty's I smile as the boy grumbles about losing all his bets for today "You should know better to bet against one of us Jer" 

He just shakes his head and lets me lean against him while Caroline puts her things away Matt walks over since the break-up Matt rejoined his martial arts classes plus he and Caroline bonded. Not in a romantic way but Matt essentially became what Jeremy is to me. She gave him a hug before turning to me and smiling "So guess who got a tattoo" I look at Matt who is blushing and smile "Wait really what type?" he smiled at me "I got a half sleeve" I glance at his covered arm and he grins "Care gave me a bit of your healing stash to allow it to heal faster" I nod the four of us knew all about the supernatural in this town.

Matt took to it rather quickly and started doing archery with Jeremy the two did not want to take the risk.  Eventually assigning themselves to be our protectors even though we didn't need them "Matt are you sure you don't want me to add you to the boundary" I ask while discreetly tilting eyeing the younger Salvatore while we knew he was not the one that would start the problem we had to cautious.

Matt just smiled and held my hand immediately I see that he got his own place and had grams put a very strong boundary spell on it from what I can till it was a permanent one. I let go of his hand and nod before texting it to the group chat. "That was smart of you but what about Vicki?" Matt frowns but Caroline takes his hand "He got that by himself and decided to keep it solely away his family other than your grams only our group know about it Jenna and I helped him decorate and move in" 

I nod and look at the time "Let's go to the Grill to get something to eat than to work" taking the boy's hands we left the building . Matt did not work for the Grill like in the original timeline instead he helped teach younger students at the martial arts centre while becoming the equivalent to Slater just ten times better and information was an expensive thing.

Anything Slater could not get Matt did, that included a witch who sold daylight rings so anyone who was serious about it contacted Matt who went by Apollo when he was being an information hub. As a bonus, I put both a  protection spell and glamour over him kept him safe while the protection spell was permanent the glamour only appeared when he wanted it to.

Arriving at the grill I walk up to place our order "Hi can I get a takeaway order, please" Immediately the waitress pulls out her notepad and nods " I want four large cheeseburgers with four large portions of fries, two Pepsi's one vanilla milkshake and one chocolate milkshake, two apple pies, one blueberry and one pumpkin pie" she nods and walks to kitchen with a bright smile. As I wait on the order I text the group trying to decide on if we should tell Tyler after 30 minutes we decide not to "Hey Bonnie I got your order turns out they were expecting you" I smile and raise my phone "I called in advance about the pies" I get a bright smile in return before paying for my stuff and handing the waitress a $30 tip.

Exiting the store I bump into Stefan and Elena and decide to pull a Caroline "Hey are you two coming to the bonfire well I should be asking Stefan seeing as Elena is coming well laters you two"

Getting in the car I see Jeremy smiling at me and taking the bags from me "Goodjob Bon" I wink and drive off meeting Caroline and Matt at my place. Rudy was never home so it was a safe place to meet up. Walking in the house I see Caroline fixing the holster for her knives she had no skill with the bow and arrow but knives were her babies I had helped her make the blades that were covered in a mixture of vervain/wolfsbane and a mix of lobelia flowers, chamomile, merlock orchids and Valeria can be used to put witches to spell while binding their magic. Somehow it did not affect me but for other witches it did.

After a run-in with a vampire on one of our trips she always wore them just like Jeremy had vervain soaked stakes and arrows. Thanks to the boys I did archery but I preferred knives they are easier to hide. Putting the food on the table I looked at Jenna who walked around packing up her vervain grenades and stakes. Noting that everyone in the know was present I looked at my Grams who had a grimoire out and the words fell out my mouth " Stefan Salvatore is not our problem right now it's his brother that we should be aware of do not take Damon lightly he is smart and destructive in the coming months Mystic Falls will once again be a supernatural hub stay on your guard" 

Looking around the room I see the determination in everyone's eyes and the pride in my grams eyes as she walks up to me "This is the last Bennet grimoire I have for you it belonged to Quetsiyah I know you are ready your magic is stronger than anyone could expect you will outdo all your ancestors we are proud of you"

Now we were ready for our peaceful lives to get chaotic.