XXVIII

The Mikealson brothers sat drained of energy in the sitting room Kol somehow ended up on Nia her hands running through his hair as she softly hummed a long-lost song

The Mikealson brothers sat drained of energy in the sitting room Kol somehow ended up on Nia her hands running through his hair as she softly hummed a long-lost song. The women in the room had all sectioned off to comfort the brothers. Finn was wrapped in Sage's arms while Shelia and Jenna spoke softly and calmly to the eldest Mickelson. It was the aftermath of the brothers letting their emotions spew out. When Nia looked up, she looked to see Klaus being comforted by Caroline and Elijah wrapped up in Bonnie's arms as she gently rocked him. The woman focused her magic and listened to the noise. She heard someone crying after a while she realised it was Rebekah.

She still thought the girl was selfish and foolish, so she just focused on Kol her soft humming had put the man to sleep. Turning she noticed most of the brothers had fallen asleep except for Elijah who was now sobbing in both Caroline and Bonnie's arms. She had not really considered it but out of all the Mikaelsons he had built up a wall around his feelings and now he had left them out he would struggle the most to build that wall.

She could not help but find him pitiful after all these years she had seen that even immortals suffer due to the responsibilities they hold. Elijah unfortunately cried himself to sleep that day causing Caroline to consider murdering Rebekah, but Shelia stopped her. As even the great Shelia Bennett did not want to deal with the little girl crying upstairs. Caroline sighed and took Elijah to his room pulling his sleeping figure into her arms.

She herself often forgot that even the greatest warriors and Kings needed someone to be there by their side for them. She would apologise for failing to see the stress he was under later but right now she would comfort him.

Bonnie watched as her two mates lay together with small frowns on their faces, crawling into the bed she took her spot in the middle and pulled them closer. Even in his most emotional moments, Klaus refused to be in the middle the same for Kai so instead Bonnie gave them both her comfort.

Unknown to everyone other than the three in the bed Kai had found Rebekah disgusting ad selfish. He had wished his family had loved him as much as they adored his sister. He had wished to not be referred to as an abomination and failure. He hated that Rebekah had a supportive family that would do anything to protect her, and she threw it away for men that were not even her mates, she made them suffer in her selfishness while her parents were abusive, she had support yet for some reason she hated that.

While the Mikealsons had suffered for years Kai had been trapped and alone with his memories. He had been abandoned and hurt by those that were supposed to love and protect him. So, looking at Rebekah the man just felt anger and disgust having to listen to those he considered his cry and break down he found it something that made him fume.

Bonnie sent him a calming jolt of her magic and shook her head "Even if she is selfish and we are pissed with her does not mean we should kill their baby sister. Where is Freya when you need her" The head of the Bennett coven mumbled missing the immortal witch more and more every day she was gone.

Her eyes were tired and full of sadness. She had started this all she wanted was her morning coffee, Rebekah had caught her at a bad time in an even worse mood and she had just snapped. While her words were true, they had opened this wormhole of anger and hurt. She had told Rebekah the truth and the girl being hurt ran off and acted foolishly leaving her a mess to clean us and then bring in her ancestor made things worse. However, Rebekah could not handle someone judging her actions and giving honest feedback. Now the entire household had descended into chaos maybe she would have to send the blonde away for a bit.

_____

Elena Gilbert looked through all the books Stefan had placed in front of her, she had no idea why she had been ran off the road and who the vampire was. All she knew was that Katherine was in Mystic Falls for a day at least. In addition to that she wanted to know why Vampire blood had not turned her like she wanted. To both Damon's and Stefan's surprise, the vampire that had ran her off the road had snapped her neck. What he did not know was that Elena had drunk Stefan's blood an hour before due to an injury. Both Salvatore brothers were horrified when they found her dead body but were surprised and rather curious when she woke up and was still human.

Being dead for those few minutes had done something Elena she sat in a corner of the mansion shaking and every time she thought to talk about it, she felt excruciating pain. Both brothers concluded that being a doppelganger was the reason behind this tell Elena started to develop an allergy to vervain that is when they started to investigate. Going as far as to tell John who asked if the girl had been in a ritual recently when this was denied the hunter felt bothered and promised to return to the town.

Maybe she would be able to convince both brothers that she really wasn't Katherine 2.0 while getting all of their money and attention.

0  while getting all of their money and attention

Hey guys I am back sorry for the short chapter but I'm currently wondering how to write my plans for the upcoming chapters. After dealing with the Mikealson Family.