XLI

Elena stared in horror at the burning building in front of her the firefighters were trying their best to out the flames but it was too late her home was gone

Elena stared in horror at the burning building in front of her the firefighters were trying their best to out the flames but it was too late her home was gone. The girl fell to her knees as she realised that she had lost all the photos, journals and memories that happened in the house. They were all gone. She kept her important documents in a safety deposit box, so she was not worried about that, but she had lost something that meant the world to her. Stefan stood behind her trying to support her the best he could when Caroline walked over "Such a random fire it must be magic after all you and your little Augustine friends love outing people don't you".

As the blonde walked over to Elijah with a self-satisfied grin Elena clung to Stefan as the words echoed in her mind. They had done this. Didn't they think that it was cruel and thoughtless what did she do that required this kind of retaliation? Stefan glared at the couple and was prepared to threaten them when Damon walked over to Caroline.

"I'm not sure what is happening here, but did you say Augustine?" The blonde tribrid glanced at him before nodding "Yes, they sent a couple of Augustine members after Bonnie". Anna placed a steady yet comforting hand on her boyfriend's shoulder. "Not here, Damon we will deal with this at the boarding house".

He nodded and allowed her to turn him away silently thanking the couple for the information and walked over to Stefan and Elena "Let's go there is nothing we can do here" Stefan and Elena reluctantly followed the two while the rest of the town gazed after the group. Most were sympathetic towards Elena but others who knew the reason behind the fire felt she deserved it.

The Boarding house was silent as Stefan and Elena sat down. Damon's furious expression kept them silent, while Anna being a good partner stood beside him as the calming influence "How did you know about Augustine?" Elena flinched and glanced at Stefan before answering "It's in my dad's journal a society that deals with dangerous supernatural".

 Damon took a deep breath and then turned to his girlfriend she nodded and walked over to Elena before slapping her "Damon may not hit you, but I will for ever stupid decision you will get a slap". Elena glared at the vampire "And who are you to decide that".

Anna glanced at Damon who spoke "I'm the oldest male of the family making me the patriarch and I proposed to Anna a week ago. When we marry, she becomes the family matriarch it is her job to keep the women of our family in order seeing as you are dating Stefan it's her job to ensure you don't ruin our family name or image. It's also her job to discipline you".

Elena glanced at Stefan who said nothing to her this was not what she expected "How can you marry her if the whole town thinks she's a teenager?" Anna laughed "You are so self-absorbed I have been working for months, as far as the town is concerned, I'm 24 years old" Elena froze and looked down her cheek still stinging from the slap.

"Augustine experiments on vampires they torture them and make them feed off each other to create a ripper who feeds on their own kind. I should know I was one of their toys for years!" Both Elena and Stefan flinched as Damon hissed at them with venom. "You sent them after Bonnie you idiots no wonder they burned your house down".

There was a knock and then Jeremy walked in "You got our family house destroyed because you didn't have the attention on you. I hope you are happy Elena" The boy placed a box down in front of the girl and stormed out. Elena kneeled and slowly went through the box in it there was the backup of the family album, A few documents regarding her part of the estate and her journal. Tears ran down her face as she clung to them "I'm sorry I'll leave the Bennett family alone now I promise".

Anna watched the girl and then glanced at her future brother-in-law unlike Damon she noticed how Elena left out the Mikaelsons, but she would talk to him about that later. "Damon let's go". As the couple left the house Stefan gazed at his girlfriend "The Mikaelsons are still our enemies" Elena looked up at him with red eyes "Killing them would kill you but daggering them all wouldn't harm anyone" Stefan nodded "And we have a dagger, lets get rid of them from our lives".

Outside the Boarding house stood Anna who sighed and sped off it was time for her to make a deal with the Bennetts for the sake of her family. She was not losing Damon due to his brother's stupidity.

Bonnie sat down her eyes on a map she wondered if she should deal with Silas now or later when Anna appeared in front of her. The witch raised an eyebrow and leaned back her status as a tribrid was not well known she knew the vampire knew she was a living nightmare. Yet Anna seemed to be sure of herself.

 "Stefan and Elena want revenge for you burning the house, she promised not to come after the Bennett coven, but Damon was so mad he did not realise it meant that they intended to go after the Mikaelsons they have a dagger and plan to use it".

Suddenly Anna felt as if she was on fire the heat in the room seemed targeted at her then it disappeared. "I see, thank you for the warning I shall spare you and Damon. Congratulations on your engagement". Anna swayed and nodded before rushing out of the office. Shelia Bennett saw her and sighed the office had become the first place anyone who needed to find a Bennett would look.

Anna didn't seem to recognise that the barrier in the office meant she would be exposed to emotional Bennett magic. She wondered why the vampire had even come, she turned to watch her granddaughter and sighed "I take it that girl had bad news?" Bonnie nodded and grabbed her phone "It seemed that Elena and Stefan are targeting the Mikaelsons now" Shelia hummed and looked at her Grimoire.

"Maybe we should take a page from our ancestor's book two anchors would ensure that the other side gains more space." Bonnie smirked a bit and turned to her grandmother "I like it let me just call a few people"