XXIV

Caroline let out a noise of frustration before downing the glass of wine Elijah had placed in front of her the original just raised an eyebrow at his lover and she mouthed his younger sister's name to him

Caroline let out a noise of frustration before downing the glass of wine Elijah had placed in front of her the original just raised an eyebrow at his lover and she mouthed his younger sister's name to him. Recently Rebekah had spent some time with the Bennetts, and she had somehow managed to irritate the tribrid of course he had no idea why. With a sheepish smile, the angel started to explain "She and Bonnie got into an argument and Bonnie may have threatened to curse her".

The suited original felt his lips twitch as the realisation that his sister may have met her match in the firecracker that was Bonnie Bennett. Maintaining what was left of his calm composure he rolled up his sleeves and loosened his tie. Hoping to distract Caroline from the fact he wanted to laugh. Once the urge had died he glanced at the now-calm blonde and pulled her into his lap.

"What caused this argument?"

Caroline whose face was now very red and trying to ignore the filthy thoughts that ran through her head immediately answered, "Bonnie told Rebekah she needs to learn to keep her promises and Rebekah asked when she ever broke her word which led to Bonnie going on a rant". Glancing around to ensure they were completely alone she looked at the man and whispered "Would you like to see?" Elijah raised an eyebrow in surprise before nodding getting into a person's head and sharing memories was something older members of the vampire species knew to do he was surprised that Caroline could do so.

Suddenly he was at the Haven in front of him was Bonnie who seemed to be reading a grimoire quite ardently when Rebekah walked in "Bonnie why is it you raised an eyebrow when Klaus said the family promise of Always and Forever?"

The young witch raised her head a frown on her face and her eyes a mix of gold and green "Because none of you is capable of keeping your word with the exception of Klaus and Lijah" Rebekah seemed upset as she lowered herself on the seat next to him.

"What do you mean by that?!" for the first time ever Elijah witnessed a glimpse of Bonnie's anger towards his sister "Elijah always cleans up the messes and tries what he can to keep you guys safe, while Niklaus in fear of Mikel found a way to incapacitate you guys so you wouldn't be hurt as that was the original purpose of the daggers, Kol, Finn and Freya never made that promise and you keep choosing men over your family"

Rebekah seemed to grow angry her eyes filled with hate "I just want some happiness!" suddenly Bonnie's eyes went solid gold and her voice changed "Rebekah Mikaelson remember to whom you speak and if you wanted happiness you would wait on your damn soulmate and not engage yourself with lesser men"

As the witch tilted her head Rebekah fell to her knees "Klaus knows of what you did in New Orleans with Marcel who confessed and asked for forgiveness however you have continued to keep it a secret, that hunter of five who dishonoured you and finally the man whom you loved against the advice of your brothers".

As Rebekah struggled to get to her feet Bonnie continued "Each time you chose men can you really say always and forever to your family" When the woman managed to get to her feet Bonnie had already left the room. Rebekah however looked sullen with tears in her eyes it seemed that Bonnie's words had gotten to her.

Elijah pulled out of Caroline's memories and blinked he now understood why Caroline was so stressed after seeing that as the blonde liked her friends and family to get along and now the two of them seemed to be on bad terms.

Before he could say another word Klaus stormed into the house with Kai trailing behind him both seemed to be quite annoyed but only Kai stopped to say something "I get that nobody knows that Klaus is here yet but why is Rebekah allowed to go and flirt with the doppelgangers vampires and human friend?"

Elijah frowned "What human friend and did she introduce herself?" Klaus, however, was staring at Caroline whose emotions were now going haywire "Caroline you need to calm down" he spoke firmly as he watched the blonde who seemed to be frozen but her emotions were still flooding their shared bond.

Elijah frowned as he opened the empathic bond they shared and was bombarded by her emotions the older vampire almost drowned in the wave of worry, fear and lastly betrayal her feelings were all over the place. The two men were trying their best to calm her down but her emotions were overwhelming. Kai had a better idea he walked over poured some wine and gave I to the blonde "Drink it slowly".

As Carline drank she pulled herself together and calmed down her eyes however were glued to the top of the staircase where Bonnie stood phone in hand seething at Rebekah before giving a quick instruction in old Norse and hanging up.

"Bekah will be home soon," the witch said as she walked towards the group "I however have a business to check in on boys would you like to accompany me?" Klaus was already nodding in agreement as his eyes seemed to be glued to her outfit. The black leather pencil skirt with a black turtleneck stuck to her like a second skin her hair was in a lovely, braided puff and her favourite black pumps were on her feet. Kai loved the outfit but could not wait to take it off her. Luckily both men were already dressed similarly to the woman they were admiring. As the men trailed after the famed leader of the Bennett coven a small giggle left Caroline's mouth "They are so whipped"

Elijah wanted to agree but then the thought occurred so was he. Unfortunately, before he could reflect on that thought his younger sister strolled through the door with a sheepish expression, but Caroline was furious it looked like would not be getting any peace today at all.

 Unfortunately, before he could reflect on that thought his younger sister strolled through the door with a sheepish expression, but Caroline was furious it looked like would not be getting any peace today at all