1

linacruise: loving the ground

45.6K likes

user1: wow!

user2: Tom Cruise did a good job producing that

user3: 🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵

user4: can't take my eyes off of her

user4: thought aviators were supposed to be buff

jakebloom: soon you will be up in the air again with that goddamn tail on fire

user5: boyfriend?
|
user6: colleague

______________________________

LINA'S POV

"Attention on deck!" Admiral said loudly and we all stood up straight as the Chief of Navy and the Chief of Top Gun walked up to the podium. We all sat down and I looked around. Why were the chiefs here?

"Good morning, aviators. Great to see you... all." The Chief of Top Gun said and quickly glanced at me and I looked away.

"We have gotten a mission on our hands, not the type you are used to." He said and I furrowed my brows. What was going on?

"This mission requires one of our best aviators." He said. One? Only one?

"There will be a new production of Top Gun. A sequel. Confirmed a week ago. They need one of you to teach their actors how to fly an F18. You need to teach them how to become an aviator." He said and my eyes widened. Wtf.

"Your responsibilities will include looking over the script so the terminology is correct, put together a program to train the actors to be aviators, be on set and make sure that the scenes look accurate." He said and I looked down at my feet.

"The movie will portray Mission Valley and they want someone who worked on that mission." He said and I sighed.

"We have picked out the aviator most fitting for this mission." He said and looked over at the Chief of Navy.

"Captain Lina Cruise, you will report for duty in two days." He said and I looked up. Wtf.

"Well, that wasn't unexpected." Captain Mark Smith, callsign Hurricane, said with a smirk.

"What is your problem?" I asked.

"When you crash, you get burned." He said and I scoffed. I wasn't burned, just grounded from flying.

"You are all dismissed." Chief of Top Gun said and we all walked out of the lecture hall. My head was spinning. Why hadn't my dad said anything? He basically runs the production of Top Gun. Why me? I had no interest in teaching these kids. I wanted to fly. I wanted to get back up in the air.