The Aftermath

Lyall the Werewolf: Originally on FanFiction.Net, I am now cross-posting Rise of the Sword and Shield on Wattpad.

After this, new chapters will continue as normal.

So, without further ado, let's get started.

(I don't own Senran Kagura or Shield Hero)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Faubrey was the world's most powerful country. It was here that an international conference was held regarding the Waves of Catastrophe. All leaders of the major nations gathered to discuss how to deal with the Waves. Naturally, the Four Cardinal Heroes came up frequently in conversation, especially the unauthorized summoning of the Heroes to Melromarc. Originally, the four major nations were to summon each Hero individually, with Melromarc being last. However, that fell through now that the Cardinal Heroes were all in Melromarc. It was a sour subject to be sure, but rumors were circulating that the Four Cardinal Heroes were enduring harsh treatment in Melromarc.

"So, the Sword and Shield Heroes have won." a young and beautiful Queen asked. She looked remarkably like Malty S Melromarc, but rather the haughtiness accompanying the First Princess, Queen Mirellia Q Melromarc carried herself maturely and dignified.

Mirellia had received reports on recent events in her country, particularly the Shield Hero's fraudulent trial and the Sacred Duel between the Cardinal Heroes held by her husband without her consent. The duel was supposed to be one-on-one, with the Sword Hero facing the Spear Hero to decide if the false charges on the Shield Hero would be dropped. After the Second Wave, it was changed into a two-on-two duel per the Bow Hero's suggestion. Sword and Hero vs Spear and Bow. Thankfully, the Sword and Shield Heroes won despite Aultcray and Malty's dirty tricks.

"Indeed. They were victorious in the Sacred Duel. Though, how it got underway was quite shocking, I must say." the Shadow answered as she kneed on the outer pane of the window.

"Yes, it must be the dreaded Curse Series I heard stories about. There have been records of past Cardinal Heroes unlocking incredible power through intense psychological turmoil. However, not many exhibited the amount of self-control our current Sword Hero has. It is impressive, but... what it took for her to achieve that power..." Mirellia trembled.

She was beside herself with anguish and fury over the emotional abuse the Sword Hero had suffered at the hands of her husband and eldest daughter. Aultcray and Malty framing the Shield Hero for attempted sexual assault and other crimes were terrible enough, but to think they would torment the Sword Hero for supporting him as well. Between the neglect her people put that poor girl through and her foolish family members' abhorrent attempts to control her and undermine the Shield Hero, Mirellia couldn't be angrier at her family's incompetence. At this rate, they'll do greater damage to Melromarc than the Waves ever will.

She may understand Aultcray's hatred for the previous Shield Hero for the tragedies that befell his immediate family, but his acts of revenge against the current one were entirely unfounded, and his actions would bring more disaster to Melromarc than he thought. Unfortunately, it seemed his famed intellect had deteriorated. It was doubtful he would recover. Not to mention, Malty's grip on him was too tight for him to realize the error in his ways.

Even then, nothing would quell the Queen's anger over this foolishness.

"Shall I prepare the spare portraits, Your Majesty?" asked the Shadow.

"Actually, that won't be necessary this time..." Mirellia said with a crackly voice. Not from anger, surprisingly.

Mirellia frequently tore portraits of her husband and eldest daughter apart and burned the remains with her magic to relieve stress. Ever since Aultcray summoned the Four Cardinal Heroes to Melromarc without her permission, the other nations' representatives have been vocal about their displeasure with this issue. Thanks to her skills in diplomacy, Mirellia managed to smooth things over, but the meetings and debates never seemed to end. The stress grew more evident by the day.