Alone

Lyall the Werewolf: Originally on FanFiction.Net, I am now cross-posting Rise of the Sword and Shield on Wattpad.

So, without further ado, let's continue.

(I don't own Senran Kagura or Rising of the Shield Hero)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After accepting her first quest from the Adventure's Guild, Asuka traveled the road leading to the northern mountains. She didn't feel like paying for transportation, as that meant more people to deal with. Time to herself was all she wanted at the moment.

In the middle of the night, Asuka set up camp in a cave in the middle of the forest. She had made a small campfire with old-fashioned sticks and stones. As a Shinobi, she trained on how to survive in the wilderness. She learned how to hunt for woodland creatures in case she needed food, and luckily for her, there were low-level monsters around she could kill with ease.

Like mushroom and rabbit monsters, it didn't take much effort to dispatch them.

She didn't see any use in absorbing the mushroom monsters. She trained to resist certain poisons and could still fight even when poisoned or paralyzed. But the rabbit monster parts she took from it gave her a Series of Swords to tinker with.

"So, using different monster parts gets me new swords and abilities..." Asuka mumbled to herself.

From unlocking the Usapil Series she gained the following:

|Unlocked: Usapil Series|

UsaPaw Sword

Base Attack: Plus 1

Equip Bonus Skill: AGI 3

UsaBone Sword

Base Attack: Plus 1

Equip Bonus Skill: Stamina Up (Small)

UsaLeather Sword

Base Attack: Plus 1

Equip bonus: Cold Resistance 1

UsaMeat Sword

Base Attack: Plus 1

Equip bonus: Dissection Ability

The Cold Resistance came in handy, as it was rather chilly at night. The Dissection Ability also helped with fried rabbit and mushrooms. If she had better cooking utensils, she could have made something better than this.

However, she had no right to complain now. She chose to be on her own, and she had to stick with it.

The rabbit was at least edible, but the mushroom made her a little sick. Likely because they weren't the kind of mushrooms she was used to eating, and she didn't have a way to identify monster mushrooms.

Following the makeshift dinner, she couldn't go to sleep because her stomach was still upset from the mushrooms.

"I'll never eat mushroom monsters again as long as I live..." the poor Sword Hero whined.

It wasn't until she finally went to sleep that she began having nightmares again. The day she was killed by Orochi was one thing, but now she was seeing Naofumi's trial in her dreams.

The look of absolute rage on his face as he condemned the people who persecuted him was something she could never forget. She especially could not forget the distant and mistrustful expression on his face as he told her that couldn't trust anyone, not even Asuka herself. Most damning of all was the smug looks on Motoyasu, Itsuki, Aultcray, and that Vile Princess as they looked down upon the broken Shield Hero.