Adventures in Melromarc

Lyall the Werewolf: Originally on FanFiction.Net, I am now cross-posting Rise of the Sword and Shield on Wattpad.

So, without further ado, let's continue.

(I don't own Senran Kagura or Rising of the Shield Hero)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sword Hero-sama..." a maidservant called to the Sword Hero. The maid had short brownish hair, large blue eyes, and pale skin. She was young and slender, likely the same age as Asuka herself.

"Zzzz..." Asuka snored, with her back turned as she slept heavily.

"Sword Hero-sama, please get up!" the maid began shifting Asuka's body to get her to wake up.

"Grandpa, more Futomaki, please..." Asuka mumbled.

"Sword Hero-sama!" the maid cried aloud.

That seemed to do the trick. Dazed, Asuka rose from the mattress. Her hair and nightgown were slightly disheveled. That wasn't the most troubling thing the maid had seen, however.

"Who are you...?" Asuka asked, slowly turning to the maid.

"I'm a maidservant, Sword Hero-sama. I've been sent to fetch you." the maid answered.

"What for?" Asuka asked before remembering, "Oh yeah! We're forming parties today!"

"Yes. And, pardon my rudeness in advance, but is everything alright, Sword Hero-sama?" the maid asked.

"Huh?"

"Well, your face... I can only assume you've been crying most of the night." the maid said, hesitantly pointing to Asuka's face.

"Eh?" Asuka felt her face. It appeared to be somewhat dry. A result of last night's crying fit, no doubt.

"Was everything not satisfactory for you?" the maid asked.

"N-No, that's not it. I just got homesick last night, that's all..." said Asuka as she got out of bed and walked toward the wardrobe where her uniform was kept.

"Do you require help?"

"Thanks, but I'm good. You can leave now. I'll be out shortly." said Asuka, "Oh, and could you not talk about me crying last night? I don't wanna worry anybody."

She wasn't embarrassed that a maidservant had seen her in a moment of weakness. However, now that this role of a Hero had been placed upon her, she figured that the people of this world were no doubt looking toward the Cardinal Heroes as symbols of hope and strength, and she could not afford to have any moments of weakness on display, lest she disappoints them.

"Understood, Sword Hero-sama." the maid bowed.

"You don't have to call me that. Just 'Asuka' is fine." Asuka said as she stripped off her nightgown, revealing her slender and curvaceous body in her undergarments. The maid blushed deeply upon seeing the Sword Hero's beauty.

"B-But, you're one of the Four Cardinal Heroes. A common maidservant like myself couldn't possibly-"

"It's okay, I don't mind in the slightest. I'm honestly not used to all these formalities." Asuka smiled.

"A-Alright... if that is what you wish, Asuka-sama."

"Still pretty formal, but that'll do, I guess." Asuka giggled, "So, what's your name?"

"My name is Lora."

"Lora-chan, huh? It's nice to meet you,"

"Y-Yes, and you as well, Asuka-sama." Lora smiled, quite taken with the Sword Heroine's friendly attitude. It was better than the treatment she usually received from the Princess.