Chimera

Lyall the Werewolf: Originally on FanFiction.Net, I am now cross-posting Rise of the Sword and Shield on Wattpad.

So, without further ado, let's get started.

(I don't own Senran Kagura or Shield Hero)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After leaving Lute Village, Asuka, and Rino arrived at a clearing in the forest. According to Asuka's HUD, this was where the Second Wave Boss was located.

They take cover behind the trees to observe the fight between the two Heroes and the Wave Boss.

It was going as about as well as expected.

"Chaos Spear!" Motoyasu unleashed a flurry of lightning-fast spear thrusts at the Second Wave Boss.

The Second Wave Boss was a monster known as Chimera. Like Cerberus, it was a creature with multiple heads, though this time, they varied. The main head and body were that of a lion, while the right head was a goat and the left head was a dragon. The long tail was the head and body of a snake. One difference Asuka could spot between Chimera and its predecessor was that it was smaller by comparison.

"That's the Second Wave's Boss, huh? Chimera may not be as big as Cerberus, but the intimidation factor still remains. By virtue of being a Wave Boss, Chimera is stronger than Cerberus and probably smarter too. But from what I'm looking at right now, it doesn't register as a threat to Motoyasu-kun and Itsuki-kun."

"I'll admit, that was alright, Motoyasu-san. But I think long-distance attacks have more finesse." Itsuki said as he readied his arrows for another strike.

"Okay, Itsuki. Let's see what if your "finesse" is all it's cracked up to be." Motoyasu retorted as he stepped back.

"Very well." Itsuki aimed his bow and arrow at the sky and called out the name of his next skill, "Arrow Rain!"

He shot at the sky and a torrent of arrows appear and fall down to pierce their target, Chimera.

Both attacks did a surprising amount of damage to Chimera but not enough to kill it.

Their respective teams kept the weaker monsters at bay while their respective leaders dealt with Chimera.

Itsuki's party was well coordinated at least, with close-quarters fighters taking a vanguard position to cover the long-ranged fighters.

Motoyasu's party stuck close to his side while maintaining their distance from danger. The two mages in their ranks, Lesty and Emerald, seem to be giving periodic boosts to his stats from afar. Elena stayed far behind Motoyasu in a defensive position. Naturally, they cheer their leader on when he landed a hit with his skill. Myne was nowhere to be seen on the battlefield. She was likely hiding nearby.

"Asuka, look!" Rino pointed out Myne's location.

The spoiled Princess was hiding behind a tree further away.

"I see her. I'm not surprised she'd be afraid of getting hurt," said Asuka.

"Hey, maybe we can take her out now. Get her from behind while she's unaware." Rino suggested with a sinister grin.

"Down girl. Tempting as it may be, we can't just assassinate her like that." Asuka admonished.

"I know. You can't blame me for trying, though..." Rino shrugged.

"At any rate, let's obverse a little while longer."

Just then, they noticed Chimera gearing up for a counterattack.