False Trial

Lyall the Werewolf: Originally on FanFiction.Net, I am now cross-posting Rise of the Sword and Shield on Wattpad.

So, without further ado, let's continue.

(I don't own Senran Kagura or Rising of the Shield Hero)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As requested by the royal knights, Asuka arrived in the throne room. Motoyasu, Itsuki, Myne, King Aultcray, and a crowd of nobles were there, but curiously, Naofumi was missing from the group. The mood in the throne room was darker than usual.

Most tellingly, Myne looked strangely distraught for some reason. This bothered Asuka.

Before Asuka could inquire what was happening, Motoyasu ran up to the Sword Heroine.

"Asuka-chan, thank god you're safe!" Motoyasu shouted with joy and hugged Asuka tightly. He wrapped his arms around her entire body and pulled her close to himself.

"H-Hey, Motoyasu-kun, what're you doing?!" Asuka tried pushing the Spear Hero away. It felt much grosser to be hugged by this guy than it did to be groped by Katsuragi, and naturally, she didn't like it. She could have sworn he was getting into it more than he should if the feeling of her chest being crushed against his mid-section repeatedly was of any indication.

"I swear I'll keep you and Myne safe, so don't worry about a thing!" Motoyasu declared.

"What are you talking about? Let go of me!"

"Motoyasu-san, calm down. Now's not the time for that." said Itsuki calmly, "Besides, she clearly doesn't like you hugging her like that, so you should give her some space."

"Huh? Where's that showing?" Motoyasu asked, pulling away from Asuka for a brief second, which only allowed the annoyed Asuka to stomp on his foot.

"Ow!" Motoyasu groaned, now caressing his sore foot.

"Motoyasu-sama!" Myne cried as she rushed to his side.

"Geez, what was that about?" Asuka grumbled. Now that she had a good look at him, he was wearing a similar chainmail armor Naofumi was wearing. Meanwhile, Myne was alone, and Naofumi was nowhere in sight.

"Pay him no mind, Asuka-dono," said Aultcray from his seat. "He is simply relieved you are safe. It too does my old heart good as well, knowing that no harm has come to you."

"Excuse me?" Asuka tilted her head in confusion, "Is that why you sent knights to escort me here? Because you were worried about me?"

"Yes. But, seeing as you appear to be unharmed and you came here by yourself quicker than expected, it seems my worries were for naught." Aultcray held a small smile as he spoke, which did nothing to alleviate the Sword Hero's confusion.

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty, but what is going on? Why did you suddenly call us back here for a trial of all things? And where's Naofumi-kun?"

The King's face suddenly contorted with anger, which surprised the Sword Hero. Seeing this, the King recomposed himself.

"Forgive me. You'll be happy to know that we're apprehending the Shield Hero and bringing him here now as we speak."

"Apprehending? Did Naofumi-kun do something wrong?" Asuka thought.

"I see you're confused. I don't blame you, Asuka-chan." said Motoyasu, recovering from the stomping he got, "You'll know soon enough what we're talking about." he stated while wrapping his arm around a timid Myne.