The Slave Girl

Lyall the Werewolf: Originally on FanFiction.Net, I am now cross-posting Rise of the Sword and Shield on Wattpad.

So, without further ado, let's get started.

(I don't own Senran Kagura or Shield Hero)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a slow business day at Erhard's weapon shop. He was just tending to his wears until he heard the door open.

"Welcome!" the blacksmith cheerfully said before recognizing the familiar face of his latest customer. "Well, if it ain't the Shield Kid!" he said with a friendly grin.

The solemn Shield Hero, Naofumi, entered the shop. But he wasn't alone. Next to him was his new slave, Raphtalia.

"Kid..." Erhard was somewhat surprised to see the demi-human girl. The old blacksmith knew the circumstances behind it, but it was still a surprise to see a Cardinal Hero own a slave, even one so young. And it looked like she had seen hell.

"Here's the money for the clothes you gave me," Naofumi said as he put a set of bronze coins on the counter. He then looked down to Raphtalia. "And get her something to wear, as well as a weapon. Keep it under six silvers."

Without a word, Erhard selected and gave Raphtalia a set of new clothes. It consisted of a pale cream sweater, a black and red dress, and brown boots. He also added a small, easy-to-use knife.

She was given a quick bath and shown into the changing room.

While inside, Raphtalia remembered the stinging feeling of the slave crest being branded upon. She had been through this several times before, and the pain never got easier. All it did was reaffirm the raccoon girl of her situation.

After several minutes, a newly clothed Raphtalia exited the changing room. The knife was strapped to her waist.

"Took you long enough!" Naofumi scolded.

"I-I'm sorry..." Raphtalia replied.

"Never mind." Naofumi muttered, "Show me your knife!"

Standing in front of her, he revealed a balloon monster, biting into his side beneath his cape. This frightened Raphtalia.

"Raphtalia, I want you to stab this thing!" Naofumi said.

"I-I can't...!" Raphtalia whimpered. She thought that if she attacked it, it might try to bite her. It would surely hurt.

"That's an order!"

On cue, the slave crest on Raphtalia's chest activated, delivering a painful shock to her. Holding her chest in pain, the raccoon girl fell to her knees while coughing due to her sickness.

"You only hurt yourself by refusing. Now, take out your knife and kill it. I'll hold it down so it won't bite you." Naofumi said as he firmly held the balloon out to Raphtalia.

Knowing that she had to comply in order to make the pain stop, Raphtalia drew her knife. As soon as she did, the crest was deactivated.

Raphtalia clumsily ran up to her master and attempted to stab the balloon, but it caught the knife in its mouth. This allowed Naofumi to push her back.

"Too weak! Put some muscle into it!"

Meanwhile, Erhard watched in silence while Naofumi got to work on training his slave.

At her master's prompting, Raphtalia got back and charged again with all her strength. This time, she succeeded in popping the balloon.

|Naofumi: EXP 1+|