Chapter 39

A week has passed since Luca and i shared a kiss and spent the night at my place. I'm happy because our friendship has skyrocketed to another level, he's no longer that close off Luciano i first met. He's more open than before but there's something going on with him lately, he's been getting into fights so much. There's something going on really, he's been grumpy.

The spring break starts tomorrow, wow.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Spring break starts tomorrow and me being me...i was not aware of that" i say as we are walking out of the school premises.

"I told you yesterday... you were not listening, i guess" Luca says in a grumpy tone. He's been like this for these past few days, he's been acting weird. Maybe its because of the kiss but i'm not the one who kissed him. He kissed me.

I see Meissy leaning on Luca's car, i look at Luca waiting for him to react. His eyes darken, i hold his hand.
"Hey, dont do something stupid" i say shaking my head. He look down at me, then nod.

"Move, you're getting my car dirty" Luca says as we're both standing infront of Meissy, this girl doesn't get tired of fighting. I smirk at her,

"Finally, i've been waiting for you" she says completely ignoring what Luca said, she's a lunatic indeed. She needs to go to a mental institution.

"Are you dense?... i said move away from my car" Luca says getting angry at the barbie doll infront of us, she walks closer to Luca "Dont come near me" he exclaim coldly. She frowns, her gaze shifting to me.

"What are you doing with this whore?" She question pointing at me with his manicured nails. She called me a w-word, how dare she!? Luca's tightens his hold on my hand.

I was about to say something when Luca interrupt me.
"I dare you to call her that again and see what i'll do to your ugly face!" Luca says coldly and glaring at her. She flinches, taking few steps back at Luca's tone, i smile a little at her actions.

"If there's anyone deserves to be called a whore, its you, Meissy, and we all know it" we turn to the familiar voice, of course its Karson. He walks closer to us "Scram... now Meissy!" with that, Meissy walks/jog away.

"Bitch" Luca mutters to himself but i heard it anyway, i glare at him for using a bad word. He mouths 'sorry' and i nod, he turn to Karson who's giving him a look. Luca says something in Italian, Karson nods patting his shoulder.

"Shortcake" he made a salute gesture before dashing to his car. Luca drag me with him to his car, he open the passenger seat, i get in thanking him in the process.

"Can i take you somewhere?" He ask looking slightly nervous, i look at him confused before slowly nodding. Why is he nervous though? I mean he's never nervous, he's Luciano De Caprio after all.

"Uh- okay. Let me inform my mom" he nods. I quickly send a message to my mother, letting her know that i'm out with Luca. She replys telling me to be safe and i reply back with 'will be, love you' and turn to Luca, who's focus is on the road.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask as we're driving to an unfamiliar place. He take a glance at me before smirking shaking his head, making the few bangs of his hair to fall in his eyes. Without even thinking, i brush the hair off his eyes, i freeze when i notice what i'm doing "uh- i-i'm sorry"

He chuckles before softly and calmly saying"its okay" i smile shyly looking out of the window.

After few minutes, Luca announce that we've arrived at our destination. Why are we in the middle of nowhere?
"Are you planning to kill me and dump my body here?" I ask looking around the place in horror, nope i'm not going out of this car.

"No i wasn't going to do that but since you gave me the idea, i might as well-"

I cut his sentence off "Take me back home, please"

"Sorry but i cant" he smirk, my heart start thumping so fast in my chest. He's not going to kill me, will he? "Hey, hey. I'm joking, okay? I'm joking" he says caressing my cheeks with his hands. My body start relaxing at his touch, he look me straight in the eye. Motherfudge, i almost panic because of his prank.

"I'm sorry, okay?... now let's go" he come to my side and open the door for me, i thank him while getting out of the car. He lead me to to a woody scary pathway, nope i'm not going there any farther.

I stop, he turn around looking at me with an raised eye brow.
"What? I'm not going there" i scoff

"Do you trust me?" He ask, what kind of a question is that? Of course i do trust him but i'm not feeding myself to the wild animals.

"Yeah... i trust you" he nods sticking his hand out for me, i sigh putting my hand in his. We continue walking, the ground crunches as we're stepping on the leaves and woods. Where the heck is he taking me? I can...

"Wow! this... wow!" I gasp as we arrive at our destination, i look around the place. Oh my god! the lake "This place is beautiful... its breathtaking"

"You like it?"

I nod smiling "I love it. How did you find this beautiful place?" I ask turning to him

"I was riding around at night with my bike, i was angry at my father for something he did... I somehow ended up here" he says dragging me with him to the lake. I take off my shoes "What are you doing?" Luca question looking worryingly at me.

"I want to feel the water" i say sitting down at the edge, i put my feet inside the water. I shiver a little at the cool water. I hear him sigh before sitting down next to me but he doesn't put his feet inside the water "What's bothering you?"

He looks away from me.
"I'm going on a mission in Italy for two weeks, i'll be away for the whole spring break"

"You said what!?"

Mission? Italy?

No he cant, not that i'm being selfish or whatever but he cant. For two weeks? Thats too long. I know that this 'mission' he's talking about its about finding Andriano. I cant let Luca die on a mission because of me, not basically me but you know what i mean.

He turn to me giving me a look that make me break, tears roll on my cheeks.
"Luca..." i choke on a sob. I cant, i shake my head not able to form words.

"Jesus, principessa... come here" he pulls me to him, he wrap his arms around me. I cry hysterically on his chest "Ssh, its okay. Dont cry, i dont like seeing you cry"

My mind drift back to what Lexi once said when we were at school.

I think he likes you.

Does he like me or its just Lexi playing with my little heart and mind. I hate how i want him next to me, i feel safe with him. I've never felt this before in my entire seventeen years of life, he's making me happy without him knowing that he's even doing it.

I look at him with my teary eyes
"When are you leaving?" I ask

"Tomorrow night"

"No, that's too sudden"  i shake my head, not approving to this.
"I know but i have to go, principessa. I'm the leader of a mafia, this is what i do. I'm sorry, okay?" He say wiping the tears on my cheeks with his thumb.

I decide to ignore what he said and say "Promise me that you will come back unharmed"

"I promise, baby" we seal the promise by crossing our pinky fingers together. He kiss the corner of my lips, i feel like crying even more at the endearment he used. I have fallen for him, so deep.

_______________________________________________

I though Luca was going to confess his feelings for her but i guess i was wrong :(

Thank you for reading my story, dont forget to vote snd comment!

Love,
sindi_bun