Chapter 22

LEILANI♡

After school i walked again, but i told my brother that i hailed a cab. What he doesn't know wont kill him. So there was no one when i arrived at home, so i decided to go to the ice cream shop. And i did,

"Here you go" Andinna says putting my Vanilla ice cream on the table.

"Thank you!" I exclaim excitedly. Andinna smile shaking her head and goes to attend other customers. I walk outside and sit on the benches outside Andinna's shop. Why do i feel like i'm being watched, i look around the store and no one is looking at me. I shrug and continue eating my ice cream.

"Hello"

I look to my right where the small voice come from.
"Uh- hi" i wave my hand at the little girl, she take few hesitant steps towards to me.

"C-can i sit with you?" She ask

I nod smiling making a room for her to sit "Of course you can, come" i say patting next to me. She smile taking a seat.

"You hair is beautiful... c-can i touch it" she says shyly. She's such a cutie.

"Thank you, i love yours too" i say referring to her shoulder length blonde hair "Go ahead... touch it" she slowly reach for my hair and start twirling it with her little finger.

"Soft" she giggles. I smile at her cuteness.

"Here... whats your name?" I ask handing her my half ice cream. She whisper a small 'thank you' before taking it.

"Aurora" she replys licking the ice cream
"I like it. Why are you here alone? Where's your mom?" I ask the question that's been bothering me.

"I saw you talking to my grandma before walking out the shop. I-i followed you" she looks down. "Are you mad that i followed you?" She ask

"No I'm not mad, sweetie. Who's your grandma?" I ask looking around. Someone is watching me.

"Grandma Andinna"
What? Andinna is a grandma? This is new to my ears, she never told me.

"Andinna is your grandma?" I ask surprised, she nod frequently. I giggle at her actions. "How old are you, Rory?" I ask.

"Rory? Is that my new nickname?" She ask, i nod "i love it. I never had a nickname, my grandma calls me poonkie. And i dont want it because it makes me feel like a baby and i'm old. 5 is old, right?" she pouts looking at me with her brown eyes making me laugh.

"Yeah, 5 is old but you're still her poonkie" i say, she tilts her head to the side like she's thinking about something.

"How old are you? WAIT... you never told me your name" she say munching on the ice cream cone.

"I'm Leilani but my friends call me Leila, so you can call me that too. And I'm... 4 years old" i tell her which she gasps.

"I'm also your friend?" She ask her eyes wide, i nod saying 'of course you are' she smiles happily "Wait... if you're 4 it means... I'm older than you" she says bursting out of a fit laughter. I laugh with her, until it dies down. We went silent,

"Leila" she calls me breaking the silence, i look at her "do you have a mom and a dad?" she ask twirling my hair again.

"I have a mom. My... my daddy went to heaven" i say not really sure that she will understand or not.

"My grandpa went to heaven too" she says happily, i frown because she doesn't understand a thing about going to heaven. She frowns too "I dont have a mom and a dad" she says sadly.

"You dont?" I ask surprised.

"Mmh. They dont want me" she says my heart breaks at her words. Oh my, who wouldn't want this cute beautiful girl? I shake my head and pull her to me. I hug her small body, she doesn't even cry she just hugs me back.