Chapter 12

L  E  I  L  A  N  I

I walk in the school premises, Zander just dropped me. He's rushing to work, we didnt eat even eat breakfast today. He should have dropped me at McDonald's I'm craving the chicken nuggets plus i have the free period now which means i would have alot of time.

I head to my spot at the playground, well not really my spot since Luciano said its his 'spot'. Wait before i go to the playground i should go to the library, i left my pencil case in there. I turn and walk to the library.

"Goodmorning Mrs Romano" i greet the librarian walking up to her.

"Morning dolcezza"(sweetheart) she smiles hugging me which i gladly reciprocated with a smile. "You're looking for this?" She ask in her italian accent holding up my pencil case. She has improved in speaking English. When she was new here you would laugh at the way she pronounced the words.

"Yes! Thank you so much, how did you know its mine?" I ask taking it from her.

"I found it under your seat, so i figured its yours" she says smiling.

"Thank you mrs Romano. I should get going, bye" i left the library and made my way to the playground.

"Hi. This is my spot can you m-maybe find somewhere to sit?" i say to the figure sitting on the bench.

"Didn't know my spot is now yours Bella"(Beautiful) he chuckles taking off the hood over his head looking up at me. Bella?

"I- i didnt know its you. I'm Leila by the way" i say sitting down next to him. What?

"I know who you are Bella" he send me his annoying smirk. Idiot.

I took my book out the same time my phone rings.

"Hello"

"Goodmorning, am i speaking to miss Leilani Johnson?"

"Yeah, who's this?"

"I'm Cassie calling from St. Thomas hospital, we tried to call your brother Zander Johnson but we couldn't reach him.

Your mother Akira Johnson is admitted in our hospital. She's been involved in a car accident"
The lady says, the phone slipped through my hand and falls down the grass.

"No no not this again" i whispered tears pooling in my eyes. I freeze looking at nothing in particular.

"What's wrong principessa?" I jump a little at Luciano's voice. I forgot he was here with me. In a fast yet slow motion i pack my things. "Talk to me principessa" he hold both of my hands making me look at him.

"I-its my m-mom" i stutter the words out. Tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Okay" he says letting go of my hands. I picked up my phone and backpack and run not looking back. Luciano yelled out my name but i keep running until i was out of the school gate.

A car followed right behind me, i stop and look back. The window rolled down.

"Get in" Luciano says. I opened the door and hop in the car, wiping the tears.
"Where?" he ask pulling off.

"St. Thomas hospital" my voice cracked. Not her, God please i still need her, Zander needs her. Speaking of which, why didnt he pick up the call what if i was in class and my phone would have been on silence.

"I informed the principal, so dont worry about school. You're off the hook" Luciano says breaking the silence.

"You did?" I look at him shock, i didnt even think about the principal when i was running out the gate. He nod. "Thank you, but what about you, will you not get into trouble?" I ask.