Chapter 15

L  E  I  L  A  N  I

Luciano being the trusted person he is, he called me like he said he would and we chatted a while on the phone. He even admitted that he miss me, that my friends made me blush the whole night. But what stuck more in my mind was the gunshot wound he told me about, it scared the hell out of me.

How did he even get a bullet wound?

My brother warned me about him, well not really warned me. But he said something like 'you should stay away from him, he's bad news Lei'. Yes he may be dangerous but i dont think he will harm me.

You trust him that much, eh?

Well its not like i trust him so much, its just that he's nice to me.

I push open my mother's ward door.
"Hey sweetie" she smile. I'm so glad she's okay, these past days without her at home was so difficult for us. Me and Zander.

I smile hugging her "Hey mom. How are you feeling today?" i ask sitting down on the chair next to her bed.

"I'm feeling much better, i miss my bed so much" she says pouting making me laugh which she soon join.

"When are they discharging you?" I ask, i cant wait to have her back at home. I miss her, her food, her comfor, i miss everything.

"Tomorrow, i think" she says huffing. I was about to reply when my rings. Luciano's name flash on the screen.

"King Luciano. What a pleasant surprise" i say smiling glancing at my mother who was raising his brows at me. I've been calling him King since he told me that he's 'king of America and Italy'

He chuckles before saying "Hi principessa" in a deep voice. There's an feeling in my stomach. Am i suppose to feel like this?

"Hi King"

"Where are you?" He ask

"At the hospital" i reply wondering why he's asking about my where abouts.

"Okay" he says, i hear Karson ask something like 'is that bosslady?'  before screaming
"Hey shortcake" making Luca cuss at him in italian. I really need to learn the language, maybe Mrs Romano can give free lessons since she's also italian because Luca wont teach me even though he agreed the other night.

"Hi Kar" i greet back. Karson and the twins know what happened to my mom the past few days. They even came to visit once but Luciano was not with them, i was so happy because mom like them as much as i do.

"Leila, Luca is mi-"

THUD!

Whats happening? I hear a girl scream that I'm sure belongs to Karson. I laugh before Luca say
"Later principessa" by that he ended the call without letting me reply. Fuc-... fudge. Karson and the twins know what happened to my mom the past few days. They even came to visit once but Luciano was not with them, i was so happy because mom like them as much as i do.

~Flashback~

"Ma'am i promise, we are not the badboys as you son says we are" Karson says trying to assure my mom, because Zander said they are bad for me to hang with.

"Okay, i trust you Karson" my mom says smiling at him.

"But I'm not really sure about Luca, Mrs Johnson. He can be a bit... bitter sometimes" Lexi says shrugging making Karson and Alex to send her glares and looks that say 'you are dead'.