Chapter 27: Defend and Awaken

Inside a corridor made from stones and concretes, a soldier wearing full iron armor is walking hurriedly toward a certain direction.

He nods at those of the same rank and salutes those of higher rank. But for the most part, his legs have never stopped moving to the destination he wants to go.

Reaching a wooden double door that seemed to be leading to an important place, the soldier checks his armor before knocking on the door 3 times and waits.

After a few seconds, a voice sounds out from the other side of the door.

"Come in."

The soldier nods before opening the door, showing the room inside.

The room is simple, with no window and a large office table on the other side of the door. In the middle of the room, a table and two couches can be seen, looking fairly expensive based on their materials alone.

There are also wooden cabinets on the side, one side holding many bottles of alcohol and multiple types of cold weapons on the other side.

The soldier didn't comment on it, however, and simply closed the door before saluting at the man sitting behind the worktable on instinct.

The man himself seemed to be at the prime of his life, with black hair, toned body shape, full military clothes, and a scar on his neck. Along with how he carries himself like a sheathed sword, he gives out a feeling of a veteran who had been in a war before.

"Defense Commander, I have information about the defensive teams that you should know, sir."

The Commander stands up before speaking,

"Tell me about the situation, soldier."

Putting his hands down to be at attention, the soldier replies,

"Yes sir! Team One and Team Two are currently recovering inside the wall. As for Team Three, they are ready to be deployed at any time."

"Team Four and Team Six are also recovering in the south, with Team Five...-"

The soldier starts telling the commander about the current situation. From the looks of it, the teams that were meant to defend the wall are currently recovering. But for now, the remaining teams will be enough to buy time for the rest to get into a fighting shape.

The situation is dire, but it's still salvageable for now.

"...- That's all sir."

Seeing that the soldier is done speaking, the commander nods before asking him something about what he said just now.

"How long will the recovered teams need to be back in shape?"

"By estimation, in time for the next wave, sir!"

The commander nods.

"Very well, you can return to your post. Make sure you take care of yourself too."

"Sir yes sir!"

With a salute, the soldier walks out of the room, leaving the defense commander to himself.

Seeing that the soldier is now out of the room, the man sits down before digesting the information he got just now.

"... This is the fourth day, isn't it?"

Three days ago, a sudden wave of Low-rank monsters appeared all around Sunset City, almost causing the soldiers off-guard.

Luckily, with the help of many experts and fighters inside the city, they managed to repel the wave in time. There are a few injuries here and there, but there's no casualty to speak of.