Chapter 29: Art of Healing

"1 minute left. Guess I'm a lot faster than before, huh."

Ichor looks at the remaining time for his recovery while standing at the guard post that Crimson had found. Though from what he can see, there's no one here.

"Where's the people you had sensed before?"

'Inside here!'

Crimson flies to the wall after saying it, eventually stopping at the door that will let him go inside of it.

Ichor quickly followed her, checking the door for a bit before starting to knock on it.

 Knock Knock Knock!

After a second has passed, a voice sounds out from the other side of the door.

"Who are you there!?"

Hearing that, Ichor clears his voice before responding with <Deceiver> activated for assurance.

"I had awakened recently from a coma, sir. I would like to know where everyone is currently."

After that, a few shuffling and clanking sounds can be heard before the door opens slightly, showing a helmet-worn head poking out of it.

"... When did you go into a coma?"

"A week ago, sir. I was in the Hopeful Clinic by the time I woke up two hours ago."

"That can be checked later, can I get your ID first?"

"Here."

Giving his ID card to the man, he closes the door before more sounds are heard from the inside. A minute later, the door opened fully, showing an armored man with a sword hanging on his side.

"Your identity is cleared, come in."

Ichor nods before entering the door, which the guard immediately closes before locking it with a key and leading him to some kind of employee counter that is manned by another armored guard, with his helmet placed on the side, showing his aged face.

Putting the recording artifact down on the table and looking at him, the old guard starts to question Ichor regarding his identity. Luckily, the questions themselves are not really something secretive or hard to answer for him, so the process is glossed over very quickly.

"Based on the information that is recorded in your ID, it said that you are a healer?"

Ichor nods.

"Mind telling me where you work at?"

"Hopeful Clinic."

Leaning back to think about something, the old guard mutters to himself.

"Hopeful Clinic... Wait, you're the miracle healer?"

Hearing the sudden name that he didn't expect to be said here, Ichor almost lost his bearing on the spot. But with his increased strength, he managed to keep his balance together for long enough to recover back to normal.

With a cough, Ichor quietly speaks to him,

"Please don't say it that loud, Mr. It's embarrassing to be called that name."

Seeing the embarrassment on Ichor's face, the guard seemed to understand where's he coming from.

"Right, sorry about that. I was just a bit surprised since the last time I saw you, you were in a bit of a... dangerous situation."

"You had seen me? When?"

Ichor was a bit surprised at the fact that someone had seen him, but he remembers that he was in a patient bed where many patients of the clinic had to pass by.